Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Adventure of the Seas-RCC

Sail Date: November 19, 2006

This was our second cruise and I was disappointed in many areas as expected more from RCC. Our first cruise was on the Valor/Carnival. The food was better on Carnival Valor, the amenities in the bathroom were much better. The entertainment and cruise director, Richard Spacey, was the best on RCC. This really made the negatives not seem so bad. We had asked to be with a larger table at dinner but were placed with a table for 4. The other people at our table had nothing in common with us and I was to the point of dreading dinner. We did not want to ask for a change as we did not want to hurt the other people's feelings.

The Windjammer was always full and service did not keep the tables cleaned quickly so we did not eat there but a couple of times.

The public bathrooms were always dirty. They were not kept clean on a regular basis.

I loved the layout of the boat and the fact that they enforced the adult pool area. It was especially nice.

The beds were very uncomfortable.

I don't think we will sail out of San Juan again.

Pros: The Adult Pool Area

Cons: Windjammer/rude people on board

Recommends Adventure of the Seas? Yes!

Public bathrooms not kept clean. Layout of the ship is great and good accessibility. Decor in staterooms needs updating refurbishing.
Windjammer very average food. It was always very busy and tables were not cleaned quickly so had to wait and look for a place to eat. We did not eat there but a couple of times due to the inconvenience. Portofino was excellent. Room service was always very prompt.
No amenities in the bathroom except shampoo and soap. The soap was like something from a cheap motel. The room had ample storage. Everything needs a facelift. Coffee table had rust. Chairs on balcony very cheap plastic. Beds were very uncomfortable. Again, I had expected more based on the fact that many people, including travel agents, said that RCC was a step above Carnival.
Richard Spacey gets rated as "the best" as a cruise director. He is really great. He did eveything in good taste and made the experience really nice.
All of the shows were good. The ice show was fantastic. The only negative comment is that on the last night there was a "comedian" who was NOT FUNNY. The content was such that I would have been extremely unhappy had my grandchildren been with us. I hope he is not invited back as it was really bad. All of the other shows were so great that I was really surprised at this - especially on the last night.
Oranjestad, Aruba
The Latin Show was great on land but I would not choose this as a port in the future.
Don't Miss: The Latin Show
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
We rented a car and went to St. John. Have been to both St. Thomas and St. John several times and love the islands. Again, needed more time there. I can't understand why they sail so early as we were only returning to San Juan.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Again - not enough time. Beautiful beaches and beautiful island. We just needed more time to really enjoy this island.
Curacao
I would like to have spent more time here. Loved this island but did not have time to see it all.