Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Great Cruise

Sail Date: October 29, 2006

The ship main street was beautiful. The hallways for the cabins carpet should have been cleaned. I stayed on Deck 7 but saw the same on Decks 8 & 9. Overall, the ship had something for everybody. For the first time, I did not live inside of my cabin on the balcony.

Pros: Unofficial freestyling dining. It was great that the Island Grill did not close during the main dining seatings giving the traveler who wanted to be casual the entire trip an opportunity to eat outside of room service. Also, the music and shows. The crew were GREAT!

Cons: Photography could have been better. I took a picture where my head was almost cut off. Worst part..this picture was displayed for a cost of $19.99.

Recommends Adventure of the Seas? Yes!

Carpet in the hallways of the cabins needed to be cleaned. Also, the stateroom crew needs to change bedspread upon the start of each cruise. One of the bedspreads in my cabin appeared to have been used for a last minute "quickie".
Overall the food was good and there was something for everyone. Would have loved to have had a full chinese meal though with all applicable sauces.
Stateroom is typical of most cruise lines.
Ship crew was nice; although, a few of the casual dining staff appeared that they were tired and ready for a vacation...often not being very helpful.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Shopping in St. Maarten on Dutch side was better than expected. Last December we visited the French side and found the outside merchants okay but not great. However, all of the merchants, especially those not endorsed by the ship, were very helpful and actually had better quality merchandise than the the ship sponsored shops.
Oranjestad, Aruba
I had been to Aruba before and found that docking downtown was wonderful for shopping. The only problem was the number of solictors before you could get to the mall area.
Don't Miss: Aloe Factory
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
This port has really changed. You could not walk down the street without almost being pulled into each shop. The workers came out of their shops to pull you in. Also, almost every shop is owned by someone from mainland USA.
Don't take independent tours. A waste of time.
Don't Miss: African Museum