Will it open for cruise ships by November 2021??

I'm on a Celebrity cruise starting the end of November, and we're scheduled to stop at Grand Cayman on December 1, 2021. Right now, the port is closed to cruise ships with "no expectation" of reopening this year. Does anyone know any further information? If Celebrity has to cancel this port, will we stop somewhere else (e.g., Labadee, CocoCay?) or will we have another sea day? Any information or opinions are appreciated.

Tags: Caribbean Grand Cayman George Town Cayman

3 Answers

Opens Feb '22

Its all a wait and see. Just have to take a chance.

I can't answer from the Celebrity side, but I know CCL has changed their itinerary for those voyages that are going to Grand Cayman. My parents sail in 16 days, and that was supposed to be one of their stops.

Hoping things change by the time your cruise comes along! I am certain they would just change the itinerary up so that you all don't miss a port day.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.