What to pack?

So we are going to be driving to our port to leave. It's been 10 years since i've been on a cruise and my husband has never been on one....any tips, suggestions, things we can purchase now in preparation? Do people decorate their doors even for a short cruise like this? Show your pics!

Tags: #August2019 #Sunshine #carnivalcruise

13 Answers

I don't pack. Wife won't let me. Best plan ever.

Good idea.

Be careful of the dollar store decals - the ink in them has a tendency to bleed and stain.

I am going on Celebrity in November and found nice door decals from the dollar store to help identify my door from the hundreds of doors that all look alike. Especially if you imbibe a little too much. Nothing worse than trying to open the wrong door. lol

Also, I have finally figured out how to identify my basic black suitcase on the conveyor (when they all seem to look alike) by adding colorful stickers on the front and back. Looks a little silly but I can spot it a mile away. . Because, let's face it, after a vacation the last thing you want to do is wait forever for your luggage. lol

Enjoy every minute of your cruise!

I ALWAYS BRING A :

FLASHLIGHT, / Nightlight- navigate without waking others

Small Fan - Sometimes the room isn't cool enough at night

High Lighter - Mark the Fun Times

Sticky notes - Leave messages for Family or Friends

Going on two cruises this year, March 2019, and May 2019. We plan on decorating our door. The March is a 7 day and we will use command hooks and magnets. Leave No Trace! The first cruse is family, 2 cabins, and the second is a group of 14 couples. About 10 years ago, we go the nicknames "Sugar Pie and Honey Bun " from the Motown review and it sort of stuck. So we will reminisce, HOW SWEET IT IS TO BE LOVED BAYOU - LOUISIANA !

It has been over more than 20 years, so don't be too impressed. If we lived nearer a port (we are in Colorado and need to fly to the ports of embarkation) it would probably be more and more diverse. Wink

38th cruise??? WOW! I am so impressed. Thank you for always sharing your experience and advice with us, AuntPinkie.

I think the biggest challenge is determining what to bring on your cruise. Always remember that dressing comfortable is always your best bet. You can also reuse pants etc.

Check out this newsletter I did for my Thanksgiving Cruise in 2018 - (Got information from Carnival's Website)

https://us8.campaign-archive.com/?u=027a9764a33401d7e9bc7b02c&id=20780e4a7b

My must- haves

1. Sun dresses

2. Black Slacks (Can be used more than once)

3. Non-surge protector extension cord (Good for charging your gadgets)

4. A Key Card- Some cabins can be turned on using your key card. If you have an old hotel card or something like it you won't have to use your Sail and Sign Card.

5. Clothespins- to hang your swimsuits

6. Sunglass

7. Sunscreen

Hope this helps. Happy Travels.

Some empty zip lock bags. They always come in handy.

If you have devices that need charging, bring a small extension with enough outlets/usb ports for what you have.

Have one change of clothing in your carryon bag in case something happens to your checked bag.

Happy cruising!

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.