WELL WE'RE BACK

In one piece, attempting the usual post-cruise regroup. Interesting cruise to say the least...we were onboard PRIMA when they double backed to rescue a bunch of escapees/refugees on a homemade raft in the middle of the gulf. PS, they abandoned the raft and let it float away for someone else to use, no doubt...Then at Costa Maya they were welcomed by troops with machine guns mounted on the back of a pickup truck yuk yuk....(course it was painted in camo so it was "official") I assume they were fed, and I heard some wanted to get back on the raft after that experience....alledgedly they were on the raft for 40 days...hmmm...heard that # of wandering days used somewhere else...so I don't know if its accurate or not....the Captain gets the award for the most inane order ever given to the 1000+ people lining the rail to watch the goings on...."NO PHOTOGRAPHY"...ever hear 1000+ people laughing all at once except in a comedy show? I have a link to it all somewhere....

Will do a review of the goings on onboard in a bit....but need to decide just how grumpy I want to be about the past week. BTW Just noticed theres at least 3 Mardi Gras parades scheduled for today right around the Port, which happens to have 3 CCL ships in port embarking....have fun kids!!!! back later.............

11 Answers

Well my reply got eaten...no matter...my compliments on your reply...had the same thoughts re the raft, couple of boys with a fire ax would've done a reasonable job of it...looked to me they were going to get a "warm" welcome by the military there. Now that we're back and reasonably regrouped, the boss and I have a hard time remembering ANY meal actually worth remembering.....and believe me when I say we're not that picky...even on a cruise...NCL couldn't possible spend less on those so-called shows, unless they hired me to do a song and dance routine. Got enough of a gap until the next one to clear my head after this one....(would DRANO work???)

As far as the "influencers" of the world go, they don't influence me, not one little bit....its mostly egotistical psychobabble...I can do that while I'm shaving...heheheheh

Welcome back. Glad you had safe travels. After reading your review, I think we'll just stick with CCL

Wow. Here the ship's Captain was just trying to protect the privacy of those unfortunates on the raft, and all you guys are laughing at him. I mean, he didn't have time to get them to sign the appropriate waivers that would allow all the "influencers" standing at the rail to legally use the refugee's images when they uploaded videos to their TikTok and Instagram accounts. But who can blame them? That scene was "influencer gold". It's the kind of stuff clicks are made of, and all their lemmings and lackeys would eat it up.

In fact, the captain should have encouraged filming by the "influencers". It would probably boost NCL's sales with, after watching, people would rush to book cruises, hoping to also see a rescue at sea. NCL may even find that they have to start staging a daily re-creation. Might be cheaper than putting on the stage shows. They better go find that raft.

Good review. Happy you had some good personal service.

Thank you dear heart...WE were in no danger whatsoever. Matter of fact it was the high point of the cruise. I suspect the refugees were in more danger when they were being fed onboard. The food was that good on PRIMA..NOT!!...grrrrr.....last few cruises on CCL beat this easily...its like the world is turning upside down.

Thank you dear heart...WE were in no danger whatsoever. Matter of fact it was the high point of the cruise. Not counting a pleasant surprise that the NFL playoff games were on tv IN THE CABINS!!!! I suspect the refugees were in more danger when they were being fed onboard but after 40 days on a raft they weren't as picky as us... The food was that good on PRIMA..NOT!!...grrrrr.....last few cruises on CCL beat this easily...its like the world is turning upside down.

Wow! I wish I could have heard the laughter from that command. Glad you are back safe!

Thanks! I got a sudden burst of energy and put up a review.

Welcome home. Hope the ship was what you expected and that the cruise was good.

Never thought of it quite that way!

Welcome home! Glad you are back safely.

At least you had unique experiences that you are unlikely to repeat. sounds like a perfect example of "be careful of what you wish for".

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.