So our cruise has been cancelled for the 4th time. The first time was March of last year. It was cancelled about a week before sailing. I naively transferred the booking a few months later to June, thinking the whole "virus thing" would be over in a couple months. Three weeks later that cruise was also cancelled. So I re-booked for this March, thinking "everything should be over after one year" That cruise was cancelled in December, just when vaccines were coming out. "Surely they will be sailing by June" I thought, and re-booked. Now the June sailing is cancelled. I told myself, my family, and all of you that I would not re-book until I actually see ships sailing out of US Ports on the evening news.
However, an opportunity has come up in our schedule that would allow us to cruise in mid-November. I have a healthy OBC waiting, and our cabin category on our ship of choice is still available.
My family says "go for it", but they're not the ones having to spend eons of time cancelling flights, ground transfers, hotel reservations, etc...... so obviously I'm reluctant.
I realize no one has a crystal ball, and your guess is as good as mine, but I'd like to hear some other opinions and perspectives before I decide. Besides, my instincts have been repeatedly wrong this past year.
So, what do you all think? Will the ships be sailing by November? I'd like to think so, but this whole business with the CDC and the unpredictability of the pandemic, as well as my previous track record gives me pause.