So the Miami-Dade mayor picks up the phone and supposedly gets the CDC to commit to "forthcoming" updated guidelines

So the CDC wouldn't accommodate Senators & Congressmen from Alaska & Florida, nor the Governors of either of those states, nor the CEO's of some of the largest travel & entertainment companies in the world, nor the various trade associations representing tens, if not hundreds of thousands of workers. No, they respond to a just elected (Nov 2020) county mayor, informing her of upcoming guidance.

Not be be skeptical, but I'll believe it when I see it.

18 Answers

Of course theres "upcoming guidance"...theres always gonna be "upcoming guidance" there some guidance about what politicians and used car salesmen say? nah.....for my $$, not anything really useful until they issue a firm date to start cruising from US ports...oh yeh, one of them is where this pol is from eh??

Our next one is end of NOV 21...gonna be a close one IMHO...and THATS with luck....worse, the balance is due end of AUG...I just love shoveling MORE $$ at them, with NO guarantee whatsoever they'll sail...grrrrrrr......

Happy April Fools Day. I understand that this happened yesterday! It would be nice if we get a positive set of new guidelines! Color me skeptical!

Never thought of that...yuk yuk...NOW I get to waste some more time online hehehehehe...wellllllp....GOOGLED "Miami mayor CDC"....and yep she did, and allegedly supposedly they did, and we continue to wait........

Well, that was insightful & informative.

At least they (CDC) were truthful in their phone conversation with the Miami-Dade mayor. After all, a promise is a promise.

What a load of BS

Well, that didn't clear up anything!

Mebbe that was a backhanded way to tell her to STFU. (THAT's "guidance" too, isn't it?) Made her look foolish IMHO.....

So we can admit we're in Phase 2A. So we can wait another indeterminate about of time for the gov't to approve the back to sail plan, inoculate crew, receive port permission then asked again to enter Phase 2B where the plan undergoes review for 60 days. If approved, then apply for a conditional sail permit and we'll review for 30 days. If we agree you can sail under "conditions". '21 is about done from where I sit.

Depressing ain't it? and pretty accurate.....

Here's a good article from the Cruise Radio website, detailing the new CDC "guidance".

I think the article's last paragraph pretty much sums it up.

IMHO this is totally unworkable for the cruise lines, and nothing short of massively rolling back or rescinding this CSO will get the boats out to sea from US ports this year, or any other for that matter.

Hmmmmmmmm....... decisions, decisions. Just checked out the Anthem of the Seas sailing out of Nassau in June. Not as expensive as I thought it would be.

I'm tempted, but I still wonder if an "example" will be made of the cruisers who go this route. I'd hate to have to submit my family to 14 days of quarantine upon returning to the US because we dared to fly out of the country to spend a week on one of those "floating petri dishes" (CDC's view-not mine)


* is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. is not responsible for content on external web sites.