Princess EZair?

My mother and I are going on a Princess Alaskan Cruise next May. We are trying to decide if we should use Princess EZair to book our flights. Anybody ever use this service? How does it work? We will be heading to Vancouver at least a couple days before our cruise. And we will probably stay a couple days in Anchorage since my father (who is watching our animals) doesn't care if we take a longer trip.

Also does anybody have any tips on shore excursions? I have taken a peek at them but we haven't started to book them yet.

Tags: Princess Cruises

11 Answers

I have used "easy air" several times and most recently for a transatlantic trip from Barcalona in Nov. They were about $400 cheaper for Delta than going to Delta direct.

I unfortunately have an issue now. My fault though.

I booked through EZAir. The price is good. But there's very little flexibility. The guarantee that they'll get you to the ship if something happens is pretty enticing.

My issue came down to this, our cruise is 12 days away. An emergency came up and I have to now cancel 2 of the 3 people. This is where having insurance comes in handy but alas, no insurance.

Soooooo, I lose money already paid for the cruise and about 65% of my airfare!

If I would have booked my own flight I would have been able to allocate that flight to somewhere else.

One good thing though, the excursions I've paid for which includes a helicopter ride can be fully refunded. Everything else is subject to you giving your money to the Princess charity of void.

Hummmm, I wonder if they'll waive the mandatory tip fee for one of my rooms????

Cruise and air travel with the same cruise line. No one has experienced any issues with that combo?

We are booked on the Grand Princess for Hawaii in November and will be using Princess air. When I booked it the cruise planner set it up for us. We may have paid a few dollars more but we wanted non stop flights. When she gave me the fight schedule I called the airline and reserved our seats got confirmed and all is good.

My mom and I are going alone. And we are 100% comfortable traveling. And also we plan on getting to Vancouver AT LEAST a couple days before our cruise. So I guess we really don't need to worry about Princess EZair then.

I do not like to use any cruise lines air travel program., For me it is just giving up to much control. But I'm comfortable traveling. Drop me in any country in the World and it would not be a issue. If you are not comfortable searching flights and handling things maybe a good choice for you.

We used Princess for air reservations (first time booking air through a cruise line) on our recent Baltic cruise and vowed to never make that mistake again (mostly bc we couldn’t check in early / use upgrades on intl flight and had barely enough time for a connection) but the price was probably better than what we might have otherwise found. We are not sure whether the experience was just bad luck or not but we will not book air with them again because it was definitely not “EZ.”

Enjoy your trip!

We used Princess for air reservations on our recent Baltic cruise and vowed to never make that mistake again (mostly bc we couldn’t check in early / use upgrades on intl flight and had barely enough time for a connection) but the price was probably better than what we might have otherwise found.

We use it all the time when traveling international. Works great. Domestic, we have a lot of miles and benefits with Alaska Airlines so usually use them. We even make Seattle as our Gateway airport since we can get down there easily and it creates less confusion when trying to look over the international options.

We have noticed, this year, that the international rates for business class have really dropped. In November we are flying to Venice a trip we took at the end of 2016 and are getting the same for about one third.

We are going to be looking into the plane flight soon. Cause we aren't sure how many flights go out of Anchorage. And we'll also book our excursions soon as well!

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.