Points Question

I am just curious as to the different ways to earn points on the site.

I am familiar with the ways listed in my profile that pertain specifically to this site, but I noticed that the "All Time Points" roster listed 10 Admirals -- only one of which has posted to the site.

One member, with 140,000 points, has no badges listed other than "Deckhand" through "Admiral".

I am not trying to start something -- just wondering what I am missing out on!

Tags: CruiseLine Points

37 Answers

Agree that the point part does not make sense nor does it add up but it is not really relevant when considering the enjoyment out of participating in the forum.

I've been kind of wondering the same thing. I get how to earn the points, but is there a difference between ranks and badges? If so, what is it?

I gave up on trying to figure it out. Apparently posts, and rank aren't connected...I see folks in here with only a handful of post and "outrank" others with way more...on the other hand, exactly what does being an admiral get you...as opposed to a deckhand...at least on board, lots of cruises get you physical perks...something of value.. here, in cyber, it all seems kinda meaningless...but..if someone can explain it in small words, I'll be happy to listen...err..read…..

regardless, its good company from like minded people talking about the same thing (most of the time)...I haven't been here that long, and Im enjoying it...regardless of "rank"...if you insist, I was a Sergeant...didn't see any admirals, a few Generals, when nothing was going on...they didn't get paid to get shot at....

Points are fine but not a priority. I enjoy the conversation and jump in every now and then.

My impression is these are points from the app, mostly from being the first to comment on photos and answer someone's question. I figure I'll just keep on keeping on here on Cruiseline with a few comments on Shipmate. I was surprised as well when I saw someone with Admiral next to their name, who I had never seen here on the forum. I figure, they are the ones missing out on some good conversations.Big Smile

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.