New to cruising

I've been told they don't allow extension cords on cruise ships. If there is no outlet next to your bed and you use a cpap to sleep what do you do?

6 Answers

Whoever "told" you that is wrong...of course they do. We always bring a 12' plain vanilla extension cord, reaches everywhere. what "they" don't like are certain surge protectors. Either way, just put it in your luggage, unplug it in the AM and you'll be fine...

Good to know.Sound advice.This is what this site is intended to do. Savvy cruisers sharing their knowledge.

The only thing they do not allow is a power strip or extension cord that have a breaker in them. A basic standard extension cord is usually allowed. If there are any concerns on this i would recommend speaking to the cruise lines direct just for the peace of mind.

If the extension cord has "less plugs" gets through easier (single is least offensive). They don't want things that overload the outlet.

No they don't...but gets thru what? Yes I know they check bags, but we've brought power strips (back in the day) and extension cords on 3 different lines, and never had a problem. now, we only use extension cords anyway. the stewards will disconnect them if you leave them plugged in...at least they're supposed to. we just disconnect em and stash them in a drawer when heading out for the day.....

I bring an extension cord on board all the time for my c pap. one outlet is good for me. Just plug the machine when you are sleeping, unplug when you wake up, and presto the outlet is ready for something else. Also I use ships water for my machine as some people pay inflated priced prices on board for distilled water. You can carry a jug on un opened on Carnival, but that is too much to carry, so ship water is good for me

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.