New to cruising

I've been told they don't allow extension cords on cruise ships. If there is no outlet next to your bed and you use a cpap to sleep what do you do?

20 Answers

Very funny! I know the cruise directors often joke about that. It is a great visual.Big Smile

We’ve never had any issues. We typically bring an extension cord and a little donut shaped strip that has three outlets and two usb. We connect them near the bed and that gives us plenty of power for what we need. In the morning we simply disconnect them and put them in a drawer.

We also carry a small solar powered usb charger that we found on amazon for $20. It works wonders to keep devices charges out by the pool!

I hope there is nobody in Miami in early June that unplugs that on us....

You’ll need an extension cord long enough to reach land, much like the ships all use. Big Smile

Sound advice. Great suggestions cruisers.

I just ask my cabin steward for an extension cord and they have no issue bringing me one, one less thing I have to pack. Also, on some lines they will supply distilled water at no cost. On Princess you just go to your cruise personalizer under dietary requests and check the box for distilled water.

Check the cruise line directly, they will tell you everything you need to know.

I use Power Plug Adapters which allows me a couple extra plugs and 4 USB ports. Mostly I only use the USB ports.

Outstanding! and thankyou...

For years I carried an 8 foot long power strip for my CPAP.Roughly four years ago I was boarding a Holland ship in Miami. My CPAP went through the X-ray and they confiscated my power cord saying it was a surge protector. They advised me to contact my cabin steward and he would provide a cord which he did.

I actually spoke with the ships engineer during a tour and he explained to me why the surge protectors were bad for the ships system. No way I can explain the technical side of it here and do it justice.

Since then I carry a 10 foot plane extension cord and never have had an issue flys right through every time. I have used it on Carnival, Celebrity, Princess, NCL and Holland.

The outlet for some reason always seems to be on opposite side of the bed from me. So I just run the cord under the bed and unplug it every morning. Don’t need to trip on it for goodness sakes.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.