JUST FOUND THIS

https://www.washingtonpost.com/travel/2020/09/16/carnival-cruise-ships-covid-sale/ Note the date...if someone found it before I must've missed it. The thing speaks for itself. I don't know how the author has gotten any info re the CDC "extending the ban"...whether thats some kind of inside info or just another "reporter" waxing eloquent based on nothing. But the decision to reduce the fleet is real enough...I don't see how they can borrow any more $$...and clearly those ships weren't part of any financing deal. Besides "goodwill" and a customer base, the only collateral cruise lines can offer IS their ships. The stock price reflects what the market thinks of their chances to exist as we know them.

8 Answers

HEAR HEAR!!!!!!

Im not big on Carnival Corp to begin with. I like saving money, but not to the point where all of your College students can afford a cruise. LOL. Im a big party guy, but partying with children half my age is not my idea of a good time.

I also feel like Carnival is missing a major marketing advantage by not sending Putting major dollars into the New Orleans Cruise port, and sending Carnival Mardi Gras there......

Out of all of the cruise lines listed, I have on sailed on one, Costa. I probably wouldn't even recognize any of the ship names, being sold off.

Still unfolding.

Removal of ships from service has been reported on multiple sites over the last several months, with the number of ships increasing on numerous occasions. To my knowledge, Carnival Corporation & plc has sold 13 ships across 5 of their lines so far during the shutdown.

4 CCL

4 HAL

2 Costa

2 Princess

1 P&O

Supposedly most were ships whose removal was planned in the next few years, but plans were accelerated.

As you guys know, the CDC's "no-sail order expires in as few days..seems they MUST say something one way or another. I agree with you AUNTIE...back in the day, the CDC was the gold standard for certain kinds of research and prevention re these types of diseases. When they made an announcement, the world listened. Now, it seems the best course of action is for them to keep their mouths shut, unless politically blessed.

Think I heard it on cruise radio news.

Interesting! not holding my breath one way or another.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.