Cruises confirmed for 2020, 2021 before Covid19

Prior to Covid 19, I had reservations on cruises in November 2020 (Celebrity), April 2021 (HAL) and August 2021. Now the cruise lines are offering lots of free goodies on NEW reservations. What about existing reservations to incent us to continue rather than cancelling before the final payment date?

11 Answers

Thanks for the update. I will pas this along to my neighbors (not on the forum) who had an October cruise planned for the NE.

Yeh, that's what usually happens...unfortunately we're getting good at this. Our 11/29 out of NOLA on NCL is 50/50 at best...next one is 2/21, on CCL.. who knows...

Yep .. hopefully I have more FCC to play with since it is not me cancelling but in this case will be them ;)

Sorry bout that...just saw it myself. So I guess you'll play the FCC game again???

Well darn. Gov of Canada just announced a ban on cruise ships in Canadian ports until Oct 31 2020 so looks like my cruise will be cancelled.

Anyone that had plans for Alaska or the NE should check with their cruise line.

It was end of October last week. I noticed today the new one. I suspect it has to do with people cancelling before final payment. At least this way they get the final payment.

When did they do that? didn't we have a previous thread or did they change it since then? senior moment...our date is 11/29/2020!!!

I see that NCL has now changed their Risk Free policy and it has now been extended to cover cruises to Nov 30 2020

Well....nothing ventured nothing gained...you keep track of the "offers" for your cruise online...you call em up, ask what happens if you cancel and rebook. and even keep the same exact cabin..that gives the rep an opportunity to offer an upgrade...its all in the "art of the deal"... I've done it on both CCL and NCL,..sometimes its a bit of a hassle, and involves you doing some homework first..just calling em and asking what you can get or you'll cancel isn't a good way to go IMHO. we make our own reservations direct, no TA involved.

It may be to entice people to book after the pandemic is over as well. Celebrity did that shortly after 9/11 so I took them up on some of their offers. I got upgraded to a balcony for the cost of an inside cabin because of it!

This happened with MSC when I booked with them a few weeks ago for next year.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.