Carnival Cheers Program

I purchased the Cheers program on my last cruise and between mimosas at breakfast, wine or fruity drinks in the afternoon, wine at dinner and long island iced teas at night it was easy to get to 15 drinks before I was ready to call it quits for the night. Seems it would make more sense to order straight liquor (top shelf of course) and a juice or sparkling water on the side for mixing. On the list of drink prices liquor is listed by the glass and by the bottle. How big is a glass of just liquor?

Tags: Carnival Cheers

19 Answers

I've read that they have this Grey Goose VX at the a\Alchemy Bar and they will make ur martini with it if requested. Super excited!!

No but I'm really going to give the Alchemy Bar a shot Surprised on my next cruise. Shake it up-try some new things rather than just beer, wine and maybe a pina colada at the pool-perhaps try a new drink every nite after dinner. I've read the Alchemy Bar menu but what's everybody's favorite drink?

Has anybody tried Grey Goose VX? It's $20.95 a glass!!

It is absolutely OK! I think many of us forget the non-alcoholic side of the cheers program. When we tried it, we did the check with all drinks covered, but didn't change our routines. We really wanted a test that was most accurate without drinking more. I still think everyone (if you drink alcohol) should try it once and decide for yourself if it is worth the cost.

Our waitress on the Glory actually mentioned to us about the water bottles at dinner and brought us 1 every night.. DH and I laughed because by the end of the cruise we had like 6 bottles in the fridge taking up space.

Thanks! Somehow, I'm perfectly fine with taking my alchoholic beverage from one place to another but taking water makes me feel naughty lol. Maybe I'll have my son carry it.

On ur serious note, don't u worry. I'm spreading the "it's worth it" word around every single day lol. I think Carnival should amp up their bottomless bubbles to include other non-alcoholic drinks or have a midlevel package.

yeah drinks move freely throughout the ship-it shouldn't even raise an eyebrow. Example with the wine bottles you are allowed to bring on the ship I sometimes get an extra glass from a bar and then pour a glass and carefully transport to restaurant so I don't have to pay the mythical corkage fee. Tacky-perhaps but the point is people are bringing drinks in and out of the restaurants from and to other venues.

On a serious noteWink

I'm worried that if some of you "moderate drinkers" abandon the Cheers program they are going to keep raising prices for "people like me". I know it's cut down on my bill by a couple of hundred. I don't hit the limit but I give it the good ole college try.

I have another question related to cheers....I've read posts about making the most of the CHEERS package and they mention ordering bottled still/sparkling water in the MDR and carrying it out. On land that would seem a little tacky (for me). Is that ok on the ship?

Same here.

It is worth the try to find out if you will use it enough for future purchase. It includes specialty coffee, sodas, virgin drinks and juices during the day, these do not count as part of your 15 drink limit, so if you use this part it is sort of a bonus. The best part of the program, from my perspective, is you can try drinks you might not otherwise want to spend the money to do so. Another advantage, you have that already paid and it makes that part of budget worry negligible. The only reason we know it doesn't work for us is because we tried it and found we were about 4 drinks shy of breaking even (this included what I call the bonus drinks). For a first time cruiser, I say stick with your choice it will help you enjoy your adventure a bit more... one less worry!

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.