Recipe: Norwegian's Pineapple Coconut Mojito & Carnival's Jamaican Jerk Turkey Burgers
This week's recipes are all about the tropical flavors of pineapple! Start off your meal with a refreshing Pineapple Coconut Mojito courtesy of Norwegian Cruise Line. Then, fire up the grill (or stove) for some Jamaican Jerk Turkey Burgers topped with fresh pineapple salsa from Carnival.
Pineapple Coconut Mojito — Norwegian Cruise Line
- 1.25 oz. Bacardi Coconut Rum
- 1 oz. Pineapple Puree
- 3 pcs. Lime Wedges
- 6 pcs. Mint Leaves
- 1/2 oz. Simple Syrup
- Ginger Candy on a Pick
- Orange Wheel and Mint Sprig
- In a mixing glass, add all ingredients, shake well.
- Strain over fresh ice into a 12 oz glass and top with soda.
Jamaican Jerk Turkey Burger With Pineapple Salsa — Carnival Cruise Line
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1½ cups diced pineapple
- ½ medium red onion, diced
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp Jamaican jerk seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- whole wheat buns
- sliced red onion
- coconut oil, as needed
- Combine the ground turkey and jerk seasoning, mixing just until combined. Be careful not to over-mix, or the meat can become tough.
- Divide the turkey into four portions and shape into patties. Season with salt and pepper.
- Are you cooking the burgers on a grill? Lay a sheet of aluminum foil greased with coconut oil over the grill grates (in case the burgers crumble a little). Place the burgers onto the foil and cook over high heat until golden brown on one side. Flip the burgers, cook until browned on the other side. Reduce the heat to medium and close the grill cover, cooking until the meat is fully cooked through and no longer pink.
- Are you cooking the burgers in a pan? Heat a thin layer of coconut oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the burgers and cook until golden brown on one side. Flip the burgers, cook until browned on the other side. Reduce the heat to medium, cover the pan, and cook 5–6 more minutes, until the meat is fully cooked through and no longer pink.
- For the salsa: In a bowl, combine the pineapple, bell pepper, red onion, lime zest and juice, and cilantro. Throw it on top of the burgers!
Join the discussion
Do you plan to make one/both of these recipes?