Recipe: Oceania's Banana Oatmeal Pancakes & Carnival's Bloody Maria
For our second edition of Tasty Tuesdays, we are heading down the breakfast/brunch route to give you two recipes that we’d gladly wake up for! Dive into a plate of Oceania Cruises’ warm Oatmeal & Banana Pancakes for a sweet start to the day, and wash it down with a twist on the traditional Bloody Mary — a Bloody Maria from Carnival Cruise Line.
Bloody Maria — Carnival Cruise Line
- 2 oz. tequila
- 1 tsp. horseradish
- 3 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- Dash of lime juice
- 3 dashes celery salt
- 3 dashes pepper
- Tomato Juice
- Celery stalk/Lemon/Lime/Cocktail Shrimp for garnish
- Pour all ingredients except the tomato juice into a chilled glass filled with ice cubes.
- Top with tomato juice and mix well by rolling back and forth from one glass to another (or stir well).
- Garnish with the shrimp, lemon and/or lime wedge and celery stalk.
Oatmeal & Banana Pancakes - Oceania Cruises
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled
- 1 ½ cup cashew, almond, soy or other plant-based milk (regular cow milk can also be used)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 2 1/4 cup oatmeal blended to flour (measure after blending)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil for cooking
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup seasonal fruit
- 1 cup toasted pecans or walnuts
In a bowl, mash the banana with a fork until puree. Whisk in the cashew milk and maple syrup. Add oats and oats flour, finish adding the baking powder. Mix well and let rest for 15 minutes.
Over warm flat grill or nonstick pan, add a little oil and spoon pancake mix into the pan to form 3-inch diameter pancakes. Sear over medium heat on both sides until cooked thoroughly and begins to brown slightly.
Cut up the seasonal fruit of your choosing.
Place the pancakes on a plate and garnish with the fruit and toasted pecans. Drizzle maple syrup on top and serve
Join the discussion
Are you going to try one/both of these recipes soon?