Cruise Line Loyalty Programs: Everything You Need to Know
You don’t have to have sailed on a dozen cruises to enroll in a cruise line loyalty program. All of the lines allow customers to become members either before or after their first sailing and start earning points right away. Sign up, and you’ll receive extras like complimentary Internet access and laundry services, just for booking multiple cruises with the same line. So what exactly do you get, and when? We researched all of the cruise lines’ loyalty programs:
Program: Le Club Voyage
Sign Up/How it Works: Enroll online or by phone after first cruise. Points are based on the type of stateroom you book and length of cruise, and the following points are earned each night of the cruise: 2 points for an interior, 3 points for oceanview, 5 points for a veranda, 8 points for a suite, and 18 points for a Club Spa, Club Ocean, or Club World Owner suite.
What You Get: All members receive an onboard party invite, invitations to special member voyages, quarterly 10% savings on select cruises, membership hostess, potential stateroom upgrades, savings with Hertz, and singles earn double points on every voyage. Below are the perks for each tier.
- Adventurer (up to 149 points) - 3% savings and 50% reduced deposit on future cruises if booked onboard, 10% savings on spa treatments, and 30 free internet minutes.
- Explorer (150 to 299 points) - 4% savings and 50% reduced deposit on future cruises if booked onboard, the potential to earn two free nights, 60 free internet minutes, one free bag of laundry service, and 15% savings on spa treatments.
- Discoverer (300 to 749 points) - 5% savings and 50% reduced deposit on future cruises if booked onboard, the potential to earn four free nights, 90 free internet minutes, jewelry savings in the gift shop, priority check-in, exclusive onboard get-togethers, and 20% savings on spa treatments.
- Discoverer Plus (750 to 2,999 points) - Plus 7% savings and 50% reduced deposit on future cruises if booked onboard, the potential to earn six free nights, 120 free internet minutes, and 25% savings on spa treatments.
- Discoverer Platinum (3,000+ points) - Plus 10% savings and 50% reduced deposit on future cruises if booked onboard, the potential to earn ten free nights, and 150 free internet minutes.
Bonus: Reciprocal rewards with Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruises.
Program: VIFP Club
Sign Up/How it Works: Sign up online anytime - even before you’ve booked your first cruise. Earn 1 point for every day you sail.
What You Get:
- Blue - first sailing - members-only offers and e-newsletter
- Red - 2nd sailing to 24 points - Plus free 1 liter bottle of water in stateroom
- Gold - 25 to 74 points - Plus appreciation drink on last day of cruise and gold VIFP pin on each sailing
- Platinum - 75 to 199 points - Plus priority embarkation and debarkation, platinum and diamond VIFP party, complimentary drink at seaday brunch, chocolate strawberries plate, collectible pin for each sailing, and priority spa reservations and tender boarding, guest services assistance by phone, line at onboard guest services desk, and dining reservations. There’s also BOGO casino tournament entry, $5 in arcade credits, a Carnival logo gift, and 2-5 bags of free laundry service (depending on length of cruise).
- Diamond - 200+ points - Plus unlimited laundry service, guaranteed dining reservations, special event invite from the captain, one-time free cabin upgrade or 3rd and 4th guests sail free, one-time donation to St. Jude’s, one-time free meal for two at any specialty restaurant, and a dedicated phone number for sales and service.
Program: Captain's Club
Sign Up/How it Works: Enroll online before your first cruise. Points are earned per night and are based on the category of stateroom you select. Interior and oceanview get 2, veranda gets 3, concierge and aqua class get 5, sky suite gets 8, celebrity, signature, or royal suites get 12, and reflection or penthouse suites get 18.
What You Get: Benefits apply to all ships except Celebrity Xpedition.
- Preview - 0 points - access to e-newsletter, use of loyalty desk member service center, eligibility for promotions when booking a future cruise onboard, and earn double points if traveling solo.
- Classic - 2 to 149 points - Plus exclusive celebration event, access to reunion cruise and president’s cruise, one category upgrade through AquaClass, a scoop of gelato from the Gelateria, 10% off one internet package, 10% off a photo package, and access to the onboard loyalty host.
- Select - 150 to 299 points - Plus priority embarkation, 25% off one internet package, 15% off a photo package, free pressing of two garments, one standard bag of laundry at a discounted price, free wine seminar, priority status for shore excursions waitlist, and an invite to the senior officer’s cocktail party.
- Elite - 300 to 749 points - Plus access to Captain’s Club lounge for breakfast, evening cocktail hour, 90-minute internet package, 20% off photo package, free dry cleaning of one item, one-day access to Persian Garden, free bag of laundry, private departure lounge with breakfast, priority tendering, and priority dining room wait list.
- Elite Plus - 750 to 2,999 points - Plus 240-minute internet package, free tea and coffee-based drinks, 10% off a drink package, 15% off any specialty restaurant, invitation to the elegant tea event, and two free bags of laundry.
- Zenith - 3,000+ points - Plus access to Michael’s Club Lounge, unlimited internet, free laundry, free beverage package, 25% off specialty dining, priority seating in the theater, upgraded bath amenities, complimentary Extend Your Stay (where you can stay onboard longer on disembarkation day when available), a free 7-night Caribbean or Bermuda cruise in a balcony cabin, at 6,000 points and every 3,000 points after, receive a free 7-night Bermuda or Caribbean cruise in an AquaClass cabin, and upon reaching Zenith, the Captain’s Club will make a charitable donation in the member’s behalf.
Bonus: Reciprocal rewards with Royal Caribbean.
Sign Up/How it Works: Enroll by email, phone, or onboard after first cruise. You earn 100 points for each day you cruise plus 100 points for interior, 200 points for oceanview, and 175 for balcony. Premium cabin guests will have their points doubled, meaning they receive 200 for inside cabins, 300 for ocean view cabins and 350 for balcony cabins. Suite guests receive 450 points each day. Guests will also receive 2 points for each euro they spend onboard.
What You Get:
- Acquamarina - 1 to 2,000 points - Exclusive member events, and one out of three departures is considered a Privileged Departure, meaning guests can receive 10% off the cruise. There’s also an upgrade if you take more cruises than the previous year, a free birthday cake and photo, welcome back cocktail, free bottle of water, a welcome gift when you first become Acquamarina, and a departure gift.
- Corallo - 2,001 to 5,000 points - Plus 12% off on Privileged Departure.
- Perla - 5,001 to 13,000 points - Plus 15% off on Privileged Departure, privileged boarding, a basket of fruit and sparkling wine, free dinner in Samsara restaurant, and 20 euros to spend onboard.
- Perla Oro - 13,001 to 26,000 points - Plus 17% off on Privileged Departure, super upgrade to a Suite when you take more cruises than the previous year, 50 euros to spend onboard, robe and slippers, extra beach towel, VIP cocktail party, and a special tour of the heart of the ship.
- Perla Diamante - 26,001+ points - Plus 20% off on Privileged Departure, priority boarding, priority luggage delivery, reserved table in the Club Restaurant for each meal, pillow menu, dedicated concierge staff, personalized mini bar, laundry service, a premium CostaTour, first rows reserved for evening shows, a free day at the spa, wine tasting, and priority disembarkation.
Program: Crystal Society
Sign Up/How it Works: Enrolled automatically after first cruise; membership package mailed to your home. You must book a full-fare cruise of 5+ nights to be enrolled.
What You Get: Savings on every voyage, onboard credit, cocktail party, ability to preview new itineraries and fares, first mailing of brochures, subscription to Passport magazine, Milestone Rewards including the first free cruise at Milestone 25, penthouse upgrades for various milestones, Crystal Society host on every voyage, special email offers.
Program: World Club
Sign Up/How it Works: Enrolled automatically after first cruise. Membership level is based on number of voyages or number of days sailed.
What You Get:
- Silver - 1 voyage - Savings and special offers, onboard representative, desk in the international offices, a club section online, and The Cunarder Magazine.
- Gold - 2 voyages or 20 nights - Plus a gold membership pin, 2 hours of internet, invite to the club cocktail party.
- Platinum - 7 voyages or 70 nights - Plus a platinum membership pin, two more hours of internet, 20% savings on laundry, priority check-in, private disembarkation lounge, wine tasting, 10% savings on luggage service, invite to the senior officers’ party.
- Diamond - 15 voyages or 150 nights - Plus a diamond membership pin, four more hours of internet, priority disembarkation, one meal at a specialty restaurant, priority appointment with the cruise’s sales specialist, dedicated diamond member contact at the international offices.
Program: Castaway Club
Sign Up/How it Works: Enrolled automatically after first cruise. The benefits are based on how many cruises you complete.
What You Get: The Castaway Club website includes downloadable coloring pages, e-cards, computer wallpapers, and recipes.
- Silver - 1 to 4 cruises - Members-only newsletter, dedicated phone number for questions or bookings, 90-day advanced booking for excursions, the spa, and Palo, priority check-in, onboard booking bonus, welcome back gift.
- Gold - 5 to 9 cruises - Plus 105-day advanced booking for excursions, the spa, and Palo, early booking for new itineraries, onboard reception, deals on onboard shopping.
- Platinum - 10+ cruises - Plus 120-day advanced booking for excursions, the spa, and Palo, priority boarding, one dinner for two at Palo, and special platinum-only surprises.
Program: Mariner Society
Sign Up/How it Works: Enrolled automatically after first cruise. You earn 1 credit each day you sail, plus extra credits for booking suites and spending onboard.
What You Get:
- Star Mariner - after 1st cruise - Embarkation lunch and Champagne brunch, gift, subscription to Mariner magazine, discounts on sailings, 50% off for 3rd/4th guest in stateroom on select sailings.
- 2-Star Mariner - 30 credits - Plus a ship photo, 10% discount on logo clothing, 15% discount at online store, annual cruise planner, and recognition pin.
- 3-Star Mariner - 75 credits - Plus a 25% discount on specialty restaurants, wine packages, beverages in Explorations Café, minibar purchases, discounts on select spa treatments, advance info on new itineraries, welcome reception.
- 4-Star Mariner - 200 credits - Plus laundry and pressing; priority disembarkation, tender, and check-in; 50% discount on specialty restaurants, wine packages, beverages in Explorations Café, and minibar purchases; a wine tasting; 15% discount on logo clothing; subscription to Travel + Leisure or Food & Wine magazine; complimentary cruise fare on 3rd/4th guest in stateroom on select sailings.
- 5-Star Mariner - 500+ credits - Everything above plus 50% discount on 100 minutes of Internet, 2 dinners in Pinnacle Grill, 1 cooking class in the Culinary Arts Center, and a spa day pass.
Program: MSC Voyagers Club
Sign Up/How it Works: Enroll online once you have booked your first cruise. You earn points based on length of cruise and category of stateroom you book, plus when you pre-purchase onboard services and spend money once on the ship.
What You Get:
- Welcome - 1st booked cruise - Club email newsletter, club infopoint, and club website
- Classic - 1 to 2,199 points - Plus 5% cruise discount, additional savings on Voyage Select cruises, a club card, luggage tags, welcome back cocktail, onboard dedicated phone number, special onboard offers, and the MSC ambassador online poll.
- Silver - 2,200 to 4,299 points - Plus a milestone reward and basket of fruit
- Gold - 4,300 to 9,999 points - Plus a 1 hour thermal area session, club gift, priority tendering, free photo, and birthday cake.
- Black - 10,000+ points - Plus priority boarding, one night of specialty dining for two, spumante with chocolate dipped fruit, priority disembarkation, bathrobe and slippers, free dance class, black card party, a chocolate ship, and late stateroom checkout at the end of the cruise.
Program: Latitudes Rewards
Sign Up/How it Works: Enroll online after booking or sailing your first cruise. You earn 1 point per cruise night, 1 point per night for a suite or in the Haven, and 1 point per night when booking using Latitudes Insider Offer.
What You Get:
- Bronze - 1 to 29 points - Priority check-in, keycard recognition, a bottle of sparkling wine, 10% discount at onboard shops, additional internet minutes if you purchase a package, free piece of artwork if you attend an auction, onboard representative, monthly offers on select sailings, and access to the online magazine.
- Silver - 30 to 54 points - Plus 15% discount at onboard shops, invite to cocktail party, 10% onboard discount for shore excursions, 20% discount on photos, and a 15% discount on spa treatments while the ship is in port.
- Gold - 55 to 79 points - Plus 25% discount on photos, 20% discount on spa treatments while the ship is in port, 1 bottle of water, 50% off one bag of laundry, priority tendering, and priority disembarkation.
- Platinum - 80 to 174 points - Plus 30% discount on photos, 25% discount on spa treatments while the ship is in port, 1 free bag of laundry, priority embarkation, dinner for two at Cagney’s or Le Bistro, dinner for two at Moderno or La Cucina, 30 free internet minutes, chocolate covered strawberries, behind-the-scenes ship tour, and a dedicated concierge.
- Platinum Plus - 175 to 699 points - Plus 15% onboard discount for shore excursions, 2 bottles of water, 60 free internet minutes, a dinner with ship officers, and priority dining and entertainment seating.
- Ambassador - 700+ points - Plus 20% onboard discount for shore excursions, 100 free internet minutes, and a complimentary 7-day cruise.
Program: Oceania Club
Sign Up/How it Works: Automatically enrolled once you take your first cruise. You earn credits based on the lengths of the cruises you take.
What You Get:
- Blue - 2 to 4 credits - Membership pins, invite to cocktail reception, exclusive offers, advanced notice on new itineraries, 10% savings on logo merchandise, and an OLife magazine subscription.
- Bronze - 5 to 9 credits - Plus $200 onboard credit and 20% savings on an internet package.
- Silver - 10 to 14 credits - Plus $200 more onboard credit ($400 total), free gratuities, 10% savings on the Unlimited Passport shore excursions, and 10% savings on the Prestige and House Select drink packages.
- Gold - 15 to 19 credits - Plus $100 more onboard credit ($500 total), two free spa treatments, and two free Custom Air fee waivers.
- Platinum - 20 to 39 credits - Plus a free cruise, $100 more onboard credit ($600 total), and 10% more savings on an internet package (30%).
- Diamond - 40 to 59 credits - Plus another free cruise, $400 more onboard credit ($1,000 total), 10% more savings on the Unlimited Passport excursions (20% total), and 20% more savings on an internet package (50%).
- President’s Circle - 60+ credits - Plus another free cruise, General Manager’s VIP list, unlimited internet, free Prestige Select drink package, free laundry service, 5% more savings on the Unlimited Passport excursions (25% total).
Program: Captain's Circle
Sign Up/How it Works: Enroll online after first cruise. Membership levels depend on how many cruises you’ve completed. Booking a suite or sailing solo and paying exclusive occupancy fare count as 2 cruises.
What You Get:
- Gold - upon completing your 1st cruise - Launch savings/reduced deposit, preferential pricing offers, onboard events, a Princess Passport with destination stamps, access to a Circle host onboard, quarterly magazine, e-newsletter, recognition pin, and access to the Circle Center online.
- Ruby - 4th to 5th cruise or 31-50 cruise days - Plus a vacation protection upgrade (if you purchased vacation protection), dedicated phone number for a Circle help desk, and 10% off the DVD filmed during your cruise to showcase the voyage.
- Platinum - 6th to 15th cruise or 51-150 cruise days - Plus a cruise atlas, preferred check-in, platinum disembarkation lounge, and free internet credit based on the length of the cruise.
- Elite - 16+ cruises or 151+ cruise days - Plus priority tendering, priority disembarkation, free shoe polishing service, free laundry service, free mini-bar setup, deluxe canapes delivered to the room on formal nights, afternoon tea, upgraded bathroom amenities, wine tasting, and 10% off at the onboard shops.
Program: Seven Seas Society
Sign Up/How it Works: Enrolled automatically after first cruise. Membership levels depend on how many nights you’ve sailed.
What You Get:
- Bronze - 7 to 20 nights - Exclusive savings on select voyages, access to online profile, advanced access to special offers and itineraries, onboard cocktail reception, and single guests can earn double loyalty nights.
- Silver - 21 to 74 nights - Plus two garments pressed, one hour of phone time, priority online dining and shore excursion reservations, commemorative pin, and society newsletter.
- Gold - 75 to 199 nights - Plus one bag of laundry, unlimited wifi with two logins, four garments pressed, three hours of phone time, priority disembarkation, choice of newspaper service, and exclusive activities onboard or ashore.
- Platinum - 200 to 399 nights - Plus unlimited garment pressing, unlimited laundry service, nine hours of phone time, Custom Air services, 10% discount on shore excursions, hotel, and land programs, and leather luggage tags.
- Titanium - 400+ nights - Plus private transfers from your home if you live near your embarkation port or private transfers from the airport, unlimited dry cleaning, 25% discount on shore excursions, hotel, and land programs, and suite ready at 1 pm on embarkation day.
Program: Crown and Anchor Society
Sign Up/How it Works: Enroll online after first cruise. You earn 1 point for every night you sail, and double the points when you book a suite.
What You Get:
- Gold - 3 to 29 points - Exclusive rates, reduced rate upgrades, priority check-in, private departure lounge, exclusive trivia, priority notice on special offers and new ships and itineraries, membership decks for questions, members-only section of website, and member cruises and newsletters. Also, kids receive the same membership status as their parent after they’ve completed one cruise.
- Platinum - 30 to 54 points - Plus discounts on balconies and suites, robes for use onboard, lapel pin, exclusive top-tier event, and priority access on stateroom upgrades.
- Emerald - 55 to 79 points - Plus welcome gift including choice of beverage and members-only onboard offers.
- Diamond - 80 to 174 points - Plus milestone recognition, Chef’s Choice gift, priority waitlist for spa services, seating in the main dining room, and shore excursions, access to the Diamond lounge, priority departure, nightly Diamond event, daily breakfast with specialty coffee, entertainment tour, and kids will also receive a commemorative gift.
- Diamond Plus - 175 to 699 points - Plus behind the scenes tours, personalized gift, concierge lounge access, choice of more pre-cruise gifts to order online, dedicated call center staff, and priority seating in entertainment venues. Those with 340+ points will also receive a meal with an officer, upgraded bathroom amenities, single supplement fare of 150% instead of 200%, and a bonus gift. Those with 525+ points will also receive another gift.
- Pinnacle Club - 700+ points - Plus personalized Pinnacle Club pin, club gold card with exclusive privileges, and a milestone cruise certificate at the rate of a 7-night balcony cruise at 700 and again at 1,050 cruise points. Guests also receive a milestone cruise certificate at the rate of a Junior Suite room at 1,400 and every 350 points after.
Bonus: Reciprocal rewards with Azamara Club Cruises and Celebrity Cruises.
Program: Seabourn Club
Sign Up/How it Works: Enrolled automatically after first cruise. You earn 1 point every day you sail, 1 point for a premium suite or penthouse, 1 point each night on a Seabourn Journey, and 1 for each $500 spent onboard. Points go toward Milestone Awards with additional benefits.
What You Get:
- Member - 1 to 19 points - Special events onboard, access to the club host, 5% onboard booking savings for a future cruise, special offers and savings, subscription to the Seabourn Club Herald, and an online profile.
- Silver - 20 to 69 points - Plus luggage tags and an advisory board membership, and the choice of ONE of the following: 10% shore excursion savings, 10% wines and spirits savings, 2 hour internet package, 20 minutes of phone time, a massage, a day in the spa serene area, and one bag of laundry.
- Gold - 70 to 139 points - Plus 10% savings on luggage shipping and subscription to Travel + Leisure or Conde Nast Traveler and the choice of TWO of the following: 10% shore excursion savings, 15% wine and spirits savings, 3 hour internet package, 30 minutes of phone time, a massage, a day in the spa serene area, and one bag of laundry.
- Platinum - 140 to 249 points - Plus a dedicated concierge and 15% savings on luggage shipping, and the choice of THREE of the following: 15% shore excursion savings, 20% wines and spirits savings, 4 hour internet package, 40 minutes of phone time, a massage, a day in the spa serene area, and one bag of laundry.
- Diamond - 250 to 649 points - Plus 20% savings on luggage shipping and all of the following: 15% shore excursion savings, 25% wines and spirits savings, unlimited internet, 40 minutes of phone time, a massage, a day in the spa serene area, free laundry and pressing, daily newspaper, and priority embarkation.
- Diamond Elite - 650+ points - Plus $100 spa credit, free dry cleaning, embarkation/disembarkation transfer to/from the ship, lower single supplement rate, bottle of welcome champagne, and a welcome diamond elite gift.
Seabourn also offers seven Milestone gifts for days sailed onboard from Tiffany & Co., starting at 100 days and going up to 2,500, as well as two free cruises at 140 days and 250 days.
Program: Venetian Society
Sign Up/How it Works: Enrolled automatically after first cruise. Privileges are based on number of days sailed.
What You Get: Onboard recognition and private parties, savings on select voyages, and ship visitation privileges. Plus benefits on the milestones below. Note: each milestone also includes free laundry service (except dry cleaning and pressing).
- 100 days - 5% savings on future cruises
- 250 days - 10% savings on future cruises
- 350 days - free 7-day cruise
- 500 days - free 14-day cruise
- Every 150 days after 500 - free 7-day cruise
Plus, receive additional benefits if you invite new-to-Silversea friends to sail with you, including earning double cruise days and onboard credit.
Program: Explorer Society
Sign Up/How it Works: Enrolled automatically after first cruise. Receive all benefits after first cruise. Both river and ocean cruises apply.
What You Get: If you reserve another cruise within the first year since your last cruise, you receive $200 per person in onboard credit, or $100 within the first two years. A members-only cocktail party, and among the first to hear about new ships and itineraries. Viking also has a referral program where you receive $100 travel credit per person you refer (up to 12 people), and a free cruise if you refer 13 people within a calendar year. Once you have referred your 13th person, the count resets to zero and you start earning $100 travel credit awards again. The guests you refer also receive $100 per person in travel credit on their first cruise.
Program: Yacht Club
Sign Up/How it Works: Enrolled automatically after first cruise. Membership package will be mailed to you. Receive all benefits after first cruise.
What You Get: 5% discount on all sailings at standard fare, plus receive another 5% off if you book another voyage within 60 days after returning home from a qualifying cruise, free upgrade to the next level of stateroom, member cocktail party, dine with your captain or ship’s officers, a welcome aboard gift, and discounts with Windstar’s partner properties. Plus, if you refer a friend you (and them!) receive $100 in onboard credit.
Updated on March 21, 2019.