Texas to open to 100% next week

The statewide mask mandate has been lifted and all businesses are allowed to open at full capacity next week.

Wonder if this will impact the CDC decision on cruises out of the Port of Galveston.. It would be nice, but I know I am dreaming. This will probably all backfire and we will be in a lockdown again in a month or 2. :-/

19 Answers

If the opening doesn't bit them in the ass, then there will be many questions asked about the whole isolation thing.

If it blows up in their faces, then the "I told you so's" will be out in force. I await the results.

Ditto! I am very worried it will not end well.. Yes, I can dream of my Cruise but do not want it to go if it isn't safe of course. I don't go anywhere as it is, so I will just keep on keeping on at the house.

Hope ain't no way to run a railroad....or invest.....and besides, you're one of the few who clearly absolutely positively knows better....

I'm kind of hoping against hope that this doesn't backfire on Texas!

Political decision pure n simple....but it is interesting, since if that RCL plan works out, Galveston terminal will be crowded...CCL VISTA will be there too....

Not sure of the wisdom here but then when did any gov ever exercise wisdom. I wonder how much real thought and study and planning actually went into this decision. I love the idea of things opening up ... just have reservations about the timing ....

And RCL announced Allure of the Seas (Oasis Class) will come to Galveston Nov '22

We'll be cruising out of Galveston in NOV....until then, no thanks...I think its all political, and premature. MIss is doing it too....Miss. is ranked last in just about everything....and Texas...well...they can't seem to prepare for much of anything....if they manage to do this without MORE people dying for political expediency, I'd be surprised...

Thanks for sharing. We have been considering a trip to Waxahachie for their Renaissance Festival in April!

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.