Texas to open to 100% next week

The statewide mask mandate has been lifted and all businesses are allowed to open at full capacity next week.

Wonder if this will impact the CDC decision on cruises out of the Port of Galveston.. It would be nice, but I know I am dreaming. This will probably all backfire and we will be in a lockdown again in a month or 2. :-/

19 Answers

That one took me a couple of minutes -- now I have the associated song stuck in my head!Big Smile

Had to think about that for a second.........hehehehehehehehehhe...good one!!!

I told a friend we were considering going to Texas for a Renaissance Festival, I was sent this as a reply. Just thought you'd enjoy it.

reopen Texas.jpg?auto=format,compress

Now that's just downright funny!

Outstanding (yukyuk)...but I think Abbott has tit brass ackwards....since the power is still on on Cal...water too...at least for the moment....I have an app that gets me just about every newspaper in every state..some big states seem to have hundreds, mostly local rags.....I've had it for years and I can tell you I still havent even looked at most of them...guess later when the suns over the yardarm Ill look at the one you found...helps to have a sense of humor doesn't it??? In here AND especially "out there"....although "out there" can get dangerous nowadays, depending on who you make fun of.....

I found this interesting --

According to the Babylon Bee (the most trusted news networkWink) Texas removed the mask mandate in order to scare off the Californians wanting to move there!

https://babylonbee.com/news/in-an-effort-to-scare-all-the-californians-back-texas-removes-mask-mandate

As of yesterday, the mask mandate had been rescinded. Almost every store, however, still requires one to be wearing a mask to enter.

I do not believe that the Texas governor can overrule the CDC and allow cruises out of Galveston.

Unfortunately, I think that this is political, trying to divert attention from the power problems of late.

Spring Break starts in the area next week.. won't be too long until we see if things spike or not.

Unfortunately, following the statistics (which are actually available) shows just how few Americans are vaccinated..Every single time we've had a big holiday (or political confab) theres a sharp spike in cases...course since most of em are asymptomatic, you can take alot of the so-called testing numbers with a grain of salt..If you don't know you have it, and don't feel bad, why would you get tested? Couple that with the good ol American excuse for bad societal behavior..."its my right so screw you" thinking, and you have???? Tx, Miss, N Dak? The higher ups and pooh bahs fiddle to make themselves look good and more people die.....hmmmmmmm.....that sounds familiar to me........

This is a good discussion. At what point is it ok to open things up? I don't think anyone has a great grasp on exactly when that should be. I too will be curious on whether cases spike or not.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.