My Alaska cruise experience on the Westerdam was far superior to any of my other 3 cruises with other cruise lines.
Westerdam Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage
Sail Date: August 31, 2013
Cabin Type: Balcony
Cabin Number: 4004
Traveled As: Singles/Friends
Reviewed: 4 years ago
Review SummaryThis was my fourth cruise.
My friend & I agreed that Holland America does a far superior job--in all aspects-- to any other cruise lines we have used.
1. Our stateroom and the whole ship were MORE luxurious. I especially enjoyed "exploring on the ship" with great ease...thanks to signs at each elevator.
2. The daily itinerary provided more than adequate opportunities to enjoy EVERY DAY. Variety & quality were especially notable. Example: We especially enjoyed having a daily opportunity for entertainment based on a variety of interests.
3. The quality of entertainment by staff was quite professional.
4. Dancing with the Stars was a special treat.
5. Daily seminars by the Acupuncturist and complimentary consultations was
a valuable educatioal experience.
6. Free computer classes and individual help was valuable.
7. Every employee on the ship was quick to be helpful.
8. Last but not least was the fabulous food!!!
9. Open seating combined with the option for reservations in the main dining room was especially enjoyable. We enjoyed meeting and visiting other travelers at the evening meal.
10. We enjoyed the ease with which we could go ashore and explore on our own.
Food and Dining
Service and Staff
Cabin / Stateroom
Don't hesitate to "try everything"!!!