Westerdam Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Alaska and Holland, What a combination!!

Sail Date: August 13, 2006

The ship was very clean. The people on board both crew and other passengers alike were terrific. Very organized.

Pros: The sites, the service, the excursions, too much to chose just one.

Cons: IIt only lasted 7 nights

Very clean, always someone cleaning something. Could use more waste baskets throughout the ship, for example, by the elevators.
Food was fantastic. Wait staff wonderful. I actually tried a few new dishes, and if I did not care for them, my waiter happily replaced it with something more traditrional.
My stateroom was great, I practicaly lived on the balcony. We we at the front ofthe ship next to only one cabin, so there was no noise problems. The beds were devine. the pillows, great. I know that I don't need to bring my own pillow in the future.
As always ion Holland America, the staff was TERRIFIC! Never in the way but always at hand. I especially enjoyed the towel zoo we acquired during our trip. I got to know many of the staff and look forward to seeing some again on my future sailings.
OOps, too much time in the casino, missed a few shows. But the shows I saw were great. The casino staff was suburb. Ready to teach any game and pleasant while they took your money. They went above and beyond the call of duty, by opening an non-smoking blackjack table for me and my friends on three different nights.
Juneau, Alaska
I finally went on the whale watching trip. It was fantastic. Even in the rain. We saw at least 8 whales and my pictures are priceless.
Don't Miss: Don't miss the Bald Eagle "Spirit" at the Raptor Center.
Ketchikan, Alaska
Not nearly enough time in this port. The sites we did see were great.
Don't Miss: The lumberjack show
Sitka, Alaska
The churches and shops here were unique and interesting.
Don't Miss: The Russian Orthadoz Church.