Alaska and Holland, What a combination!!

Westerdam Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

7 Night Alaska Inside Passage (Seattle Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 13, 2006
Ship: Westerdam
The ship was very clean. The people on board both crew and other passengers alike were terrific. Very organized.

Food was fantastic. Wait staff wonderful. I actually tried a few new dishes, and if I did not care for them, my waiter happily replaced it with something more traditrional.

OOps, too much time in the casino, missed a few shows. But the shows I saw were great. The casino staff was suburb. Ready to teach any game and pleasant while they took your money. They went above and beyond the call of duty, by opening an non-smoking blackjack table for me and my friends on three different nights.

As always ion Holland America, the staff was TERRIFIC! Never in the way but always at hand. I especially enjoyed the towel zoo we acquired during our trip. I got to know many of the staff and look forward to seeing some again on my future sailings.

Very clean, always someone cleaning something. Could use more waste baskets throughout the ship, for example, by the elevators.

My stateroom was great, I practicaly lived on the balcony. We we at the front ofthe ship next to only one cabin, so there was no noise problems. The beds were devine. the pillows, great. I know that I don't need to bring my own pillow in the future.
Not nearly enough time in this port. The sites we did see were great.
Don't Miss: The lumberjack show
I finally went on the whale watching trip. It was fantastic. Even in the rain. We saw at least 8 whales and my pictures are priceless.
Don't Miss: Don't miss the Bald Eagle "Spirit" at the Raptor Center.
The churches and shops here were unique and interesting.
Don't Miss: The Russian Orthadoz Church.

Pros: The sites, the service, the excursions, too much to chose just one.

Cons: IIt only lasted 7 nights