Best vacation in years

Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

7 Night Western Mediterranean (Barcelona Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 23, 2010
Ship: Voyager of the Seas
We had a wonderful time. The ship was beautiful, the weather was perfect, the food was excellent, the staff was so pleasant and accomodating. We enjoyed the ports of call and had time to see the sights and relax. I would recommend this cruise, and ship to anyone. We were very lucky, in that the seas were very calm so you didn't even feel like you were moving. If you didn't want to get dressed up for dinner you could always go to the buffet, there was always a wide selection. We paid for much of the extra's in advance, which I would recommend so it doesn't seem like the cost gets so high.

We had the My Time Dining option. It was encouraged that you make a reservation for a time, much like at home, but if we had to wait, it was very short. If you didn't feel like formal dining, you could always head to the buffett.

More than enough to choose from. We didn't get to all the activities.

They really worked hard and were very friendly, and all of them spoke English!

there were over 3,000 people on this cruise, and the only time it felt a little crowded was at the pool on the first day when we were sailing. After that you never felt like there were so many others on the ship with you. The saff worked hard to make your stay very pleasant

We had a balcony, and I would recommend this up grade. The bed was a King and our steward came in 2x's per day to clean, change towels etc.. It was very spacious and we could sit out side and enjoy the views.
We went to Pisa and I wish we had taken the time to visit Florence instead
Don't Miss: The leaning tower
There is so much to see here, it is impossible to see it all. Definetely worth whatever tour you are going on.
Don't Miss: Coliseum and St. Peter's Basilica
We spent and hour on the bus to visit a small village in the mountains. Nothng special here. I would reocmmend skipping this particular tour. Just get off the boat and walk into town and you will see more
It was OK, but was the least attractive on the tour. I wish we had gone to Capri instead, which is only a 40 minute boat ride from the dock

Pros: everything was geared toward english speaking

Cons: nothing, we enjoyed all aspects

Recommends Voyager of the Seas? Yes!