Not so great.

Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

7 Night Western Mediterranean (Barcelona Roundtrip)
Sail Date: November 01, 2008
Ship: Voyager of the Seas
I used to say that of all my cruises, the cruiseline I enjoyed the most was Royal Caribbean. I WILL NOT say that anymore.
We booked a open tour bus directly from the ship. Our earpieces didn't work, and we wqere never able to get on another bus. Apparently, they failed to let us know the buses were running an alternate schedule (for which there were no maps to designate the stops) so we waited for a bus which never came most of our day. We didn't get to see hardly anything as a direct result. What a waste Rome was for us and one of the cities I wanted to see the most. Very dissappointing.
Beautiful. Even though the excursion desk booked us on the wrong tour, we made the best of it. My mother could not do Eze, which is where they sent us, so our tour was a waste. Bu tthe whole area is beautiful.
This was the only tour where we felt like we did not encounter a problem. The first tour guide we could actually understand as well. Visit Pompeii....bottom line. It is amazing. We lunched at a sidewalk cafe as well. Eat a pizza - it is incomparable in the United States. It was the best pizza we had in all of Italy.
Don't Miss: Eat a pizza!
Skip this port...dirty, smelly, not much to see. We wet on a tour to a "castle" and the catacombes. Boring, dirty, uniteresting. Pizza here - not so good.
We did the tour of both Pisa and Florence. Pisa was cool - I am glad we added that. The actual city of Florence is DIRTY. I didn't expect that, but I enjoyed seeing the old buildings and achitecture.

Pros: The dining room wait staff and room attendant.

Cons: The entertainment/activity and excursions staff and the excursions themselves.

Recommends Voyager of the Seas? No.