Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great vacation

Sail Date: February 17, 2008

I enjoyed the Voyager of The Sea. I was impressed by the personnel in the spa/gym and the wait staff. The food was wonderful, although I often wished there was some place where I could go and have a salty snack (i.e. chips and salsa, pretzels etc ) with my drink. The drinks (I drank margaritas) were reasonable prices and with the exception of one time, delivered in a friendly and professional manner. (The one exception: In the Compass, it was listed, margarita special in the High Notes. To me, margarita special means the drinks would be a special price--as in less than normal. Was I ever surprised when I went to the High Notes and ordered the margarita special and not only did NOT get a lower price but a HIGHER one and was served a drink with a more expensive liquor. I know the cruise is run and staffed by people of different nationalities and cultures, but did not see evidence of the difference more than this day. Like I said, to me saying that there is a special means there is a lower price or better deal.
I thourogly enjoyed the entertainment and appreciated the early shows for the late diners. I did think the Bingo was on the expensive side.

Pros: #1 being with my friends #2 zip lining in Jamaica

Cons: The last day of cruising seemed boring, not that much going on--like things were closed down getting ready for next trip

Recommends Voyager of the Seas? Yes!

Montego Bay, Jamaica
All we did was the canapy tour and it was the highlight of my trip. So much fun, people so friendly. Just great.
George Town, Grand Cayman
Did snorkeling, had fun but wished I could have done more shopping. Wish I could have been in two places at once.
I opted out of excursions on this port to do some shopping. I was glad I did. I do wish that Holly had included some tips on how to know if you are getting a reasonable price. By the time I finished shopping I thought NO ONE in Cozumel was telling me the truth. I did stick tot he shops that you all "guaranteed" but they seemed like the pushiest and most expensive.
Montego Bay, Jamaica