Vision of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Mayan Delight

Sail Date: April 09, 2016

This is a smaller, older but well maintained ship and by far, my favorite. The smaller ship eliminated most of the things I don't use on a larger ship and allowed guests who participated in the same type of activities to get to know one another more intimately to the point of becoming friends. I participated in my first "flash mob" and all the dance classes and opportunities to dance without a partner as my husband has a bad back that prevents him from participating. I loved the shops where I got to become friendly with the staff and got very personalized attention. I found enough to do on the ship during the days at sea or when I returned early from excursions and enjoyed the night time entertainment.

If you're an adrenaline junkie or 3 Red Bulls a day kind of person, this is not your ship though the itinerary may still be to your liking. If you want to engage with other passengers, read, relax or just maintain your regular exercise routine of running/walking, gym, swimming, Zumba and dance this ship could be an economical choice. The Centruim area allowed for most everyone to enjoy presentations there whether participating on deck 4 or spectating from decks 5-9. This was especially nice for older passengers or those with limited mobility who couldn't fully participate but wanted to be included.

The staff were especially good on this ship from the Captain on down. He was the most accessible and friendly Captain to date. The dining room staff is always good but I was equally impressed with the staff at the Windjammer. One of the best parts of travel is getting to know other cultures and people we might not otherwise meet and the intimacy of the ship allowed several staff members to share their culture with us while maintaining a high level of service.

We enjoyed all the ports of call and excursions. The Mayan culture was prominent in most of the excursions in which we participated including our visit to Channuknab Park to swim with the sea lions. We had a later flight home and took a tour of Tampa before we left which we enjoyed so much so that we will return to the city on vacation during hockey season to see our local team play the Lightening.

I really enjoyed Robert from Croatia who we engaged with at the Windjammer.