Vision of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

vision of the seas BCN

Sail Date: April 26, 2015

First of all our cabin person Made was superb, he ensured that everything was clean, neat and in place; he always asked if everything was fine and immediately remembered our names.  We appreciate Made.  Cabin 3032

Our table waiters were fantastic!  Rolland was excellent and always available, Gabriel as well.  Absolutely NO complains, just praise for these excellent people and all the personnel at the cruise line.

We booked three (3) land tours, one was cancelled and refunded promptly since we were unable to dock in Villefranche.  However, I paid extra because I was informed that booking at the boat costs more than if I would have done that through internet.  This is not a good policy and I never heard or read about this.

The land tour to visit Corsica Ajaccio was $53.75, and I paid $161.25 for the three of us.  I noticed that the tour at the city, which is walking distance where the boat docked, is only 10 euros.  I understand that the RCCL has to make some money on tours, but approximately $40.00 per person more is too much and the tour was nothing to rave about.  It did not include an inside visit to any site and again, it was exactly as the one that was offered at the city.  I seriously suggest that this is reviewed and maybe lowered or eliminated.  We are not happy paying so much more really!

We noticed the quality of certain items are either eliminated or the quality is not as good as years ago, but this is going on just about everywhere and overall, the service is very good.

drinks are overpriced and certain dishes that were included, now are extra and it surprised us.
RCCL had excellent entertainment; however, not any more. The last day was a very good show and that was the only one. I suggest bringing entertainers and AGT and the Voice have good choices to choose from.
Made, our cabin assistant was super terrific.
Barcelona, Spain
Villefranche-Sur-Mer, France unable to disembark due to bad weather; I suggest they get permission to disembark in South France in another port
Ajaccio, Corsica
Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
Messina, Sicily
Valletta, Malta

We boarded on a one time destination and it is pleasant, but it only had one week available. Please consider including boats to visit Malta for two (2) days or at least for many more hours. It is a magnificent port and city, a lot of history and culture and not enough time to enjoy.

1 Comment