Vision of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

Great Mid Winter Cruise

Sail Date: February 07, 2015

I don't know if it was the cruise ship or just getting away from the cold.  We had a wonderful time on the Vision of the Seas.  The staff was very friendly and helpful.  The food was fabulous and the weather was great.  The captain joined in on many activities, which I have never seen before.  He was very friendly and interacted well with the passengers.  He sang to us, played volleyball, walked in the Make a Wish walk and was quite visible throughout the cruise.  Our Waiter and Assistant Waiter were great and very attentive.  I know other areas of the dining room did not receive such good service.  Some complained the ship was older but I thought it was well maintained and clean.  The staff was always cleaning, painting or doing something to keep the ship in good shape.   We met many friendly passengers and crew members since it was only my husband and myself we did not know anyone on the ship but we all felt like family by the end of the cruise.

Oler ship but in good shape
Really did not have anything bad just couldn't eat all that was served
Our Waiter. Assistant Waiter and Room Stewart were wonderful.
I've seen better entertainment but it was still good.
Children's Programs N/A
Lots of activities for all ages.
Destinations I've never been to before but you needed to be aware of your surroundings and stay safe
Room was the smallest we've ever had. Had to turn night stand sideways so we could move the bed from the wall to get around or had to crawl in and out from end of bed.
Tampa, Florida
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Took land and sea tour. Took us to small town to shop before taking us to glass bottom boat (very narrow and closed in).
Belize City, Belize
Just took taxi who gave us a 1 1/2 hour tour of the area, very informative
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
Good shopping right off the ship
Need to take taxi to shopping area but lots to see and can share the taxi cost.