Vision of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Too Much Money, Too Little Service

Sail Date: December 20, 2014

The cost cutting / price increasing that RCL has been doing has finally hit my limit.  Nothing was really horrible, but nothing was wonderful either.  I just have a short list of complaints.

The price of the soft drink package was $19 per person per day.  Are they KIDDING?!  After taxes, that's over $150 for soda in a week!  That's totally unreasonable.

The dining room skimped.  There was little variation in the menu, and portion sizes were small.  Why do they say that they have multiple flavors of sugar free ice cream when there's only ONE flavor available on any given day, and it's generally vanilla.

They've cut back on the number of servers, so things were very, very slow.

The after dinner shows were pathetic.  The comedy wasn't funny, the singers were just bad, and again, there was no variety.

I know that I have to expect some Christmas "cheer" during the holiday week, but there are a lot of Jewish people who cruise during the week simply to get away from Christmas.  RCL made sure that never happened.  It was all Christmas all the time.

The excursions were over-priced, but I expected that.  The problem was that they weren't all that interesting either.  When they say something is going to be strenuous, they should mean it.  A 90-year old man in flip flops should not be able to do it.  (He didn't have the right gear!)

A lot of nights, I ended up going to my cabin early just because I was bored.  There are only so many trivia contests a person can enter.

Trixie our server was wonderful, but no one else really made a difference.
Too much Christmas!!!!
There weren't many

Bring your own shampoo and soft drinks!