Vision of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A delightful 5 night get-away

Sail Date: July 12, 2014

The ship has been refurbished and looks new.  The staff, as all cruise staff do, work very hard to make cruising a pleasant experience.  We were disappointed in the buffet - but as we are not big eaters it was not a "deal breaker".  This was the shortest cruise we have ever taken and the first summer cruise.  I'm not sure that I would take another summer trip again.  I love children but at 78 and 85 rather enjoy the company of people nearer our age.  My companion has cruised 6 times and I have at least 26 cruises under my belt so we know what to look for as to service, stateroom, food etc.  Our stateroom (balcony) was lovely and kept very clean (thank you).  Our dining room service staff was wonderful (Rayland and Carlos) - but I can't say the same for the food.  Steak was poor and lobster tail (the speciality of the night) was over done.  We don't send things back but we weren't thrilled with those two meals.

The cruise entertainment staff was great.  The first night entertainer (a comic) was very good - I am sorry I don't remember names.  The last two "headliners" - a trio and a juggler were substandard and I definitely would not want to see them again.

Thank you for allowing us to give our review.   Happy

refurbished, clean - new looking
Main dining room Rayland and Carlos were wonderful.
Cruise entertainers were great. First night comic really good - next two "headliners" were subswtandard. One was a trio and the other a juggler - I don't wish to see either of them again.
Children's Programs n/a
Am older so participated in mainly Bingo but enjoyed watching.
Loved seeing Key West in its entirety. Had been to Cayman Islands and seen it by helicopter in January sotook an underwater tour this time - it was delightful.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Live 40 minutes away so I can't say anything bad.
Key West, Florida
Loved seeing it in its entirety.
George Town, Grand Cayman
Under the sea and the turtle farm - good tour guide, too.