Vision of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 night cruise with the adults of our family

Sail Date: July 12, 2014

This was our third cruise and I was somewhat disappointed. Entry onto the ship was easy and quick, but then we had to decide on our drink package which I believe was too expensive. On our previous two cruises we did not have to wait as long for our drinks as this time. Every time you get an alcoholic beverage you have to give them your card, print a receipt, and then had to sign it. We bought the most expensive package thinking it would be worth the ease of getting drinks, but in the end we wasted alot of vacation time waiting in line for all the receipts and signing. The main dining meal was great along with the servers. The buffets were good except for the one omelette cook, he was not very fast at all, and then he dropped his spoon that he was using on the floor and reused it. I told the main waiter and they replaced him immediately, so good job to them.  We would like to have spent time in the pool but the pools are a little small for the amount of people trying to relax while at sea. The first two cruises they had a late evening buffet on the pool deck with sculptures out of food and ice it was really neat and good food, they did not do that this time. The food they had back in the solarium this was pizza that tasted like cardboard no offense but not very good. The ice cream machines are awesome except they shut off too early every evening. We spent our hard earned money to take a relaxing vacation, but when they don't have tasty treats at the end of the night, it's like telling us it's our bedtime at 11:00pm.   The last evening was disappointing, they started closing bars and part of the hot tubs and pools early so they could get them ready for the next sailing.  I thought we bought a five night cruise and not a four and a half.  Since our first cruise they have not changed alot on shows or events.  We went on our cruises the years of 07 and 08 with another couple and have since went to resorts instead. I initially was excited to go on this cruise and talked my family into going on a Royal Caribean cruise,(my mom and dad just went on a carnival cruise 3 months ago).  It may sound like I did not have fun, but I did, I just expected more.

nice,
dining was awesome, buffets were good, ice cream machines were awesome, snacks little to be desired like a later in the evening snack very poor
dinner servers were very good