Vision of the Seas Cruise Review to Mexico

A wonderful Week

Sail Date: July 27, 2008

I just wrote a long review of the ship but for some reason it said my session had expired and it erased all of my answers. I think it would have been helpful to read but I don't have the patience to rewrite all of it over again. So here is a brief summary:The ship was huge and decorative, the pools and hot tubes were warm and fun, the restaraunts and buffet style cafes served great food, the workers on the ship were helpful, friendly and funny, the bars were open late and had whatever alcohol your heart desired. Our stateroom was on deck 7 and on the inside. I would have liked a view and balcony but it will have to wait for the next time!

Pros: The food and service, the overall ship

Cons: ??? nothing comes to mind

Recommends Vision of the Seas? Yes!

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Just took a cab to downtown and walked around. Went to the flea market and bought handfuls of souveneirs, visited senor frogs, some local tequilla stores who offered us free samples, etc. Cool city, more of a safe feeling..
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
We didn't reserve the excursion we wanted for this port early enough and it was booked when we tried. I suggest booking excursions as early as possible to avoid disappointment. We also slept in and were concerned we wouldn't have enough time if we took a cab somewhere so we just walked around near the port. Lot of the locals hounded us attempting to sell us stuff and we were even offered drugs (which depending on the reader could be a good or a bad thing I guess lol)
Mazatlan, Mexico
We went on an excursion to Stone Island. It cost about 70 bucks per person. The trip had an open bar so I knew i would get my moneys worth lol. We woke up and there were thunderstorms that morning but still decided to go anyway. Thankfully we took a covered boat to the other side of the port. The lady who was our tour guide was really sweet named Alma. If you happen to go on this same tour and see her tell her "Rick and Jenny said sorry because we accidentally stole her deck of cards!" Even though it was raining most the morning we were able to enjoy a meal and the open bar and play cards overlooking the beach at a restraunt. The rain stopped and we were able to walk the length of the beach, lay out and even take a dip in the warm water. It was great!