Vision of the Seas Cruise Review to Mexico

A 'rocky' but fun cruise

Sail Date: December 10, 2006

Well, it didn't sink, so I'm happy ;-)

Pros: people, food, entertainment, cleanliness, treated well by all attendants

Cons: rough seas, but no fault of the cruise line ;-)

Recommends Vision of the Seas? Yes!

Excellent food and the waiters were absolutely the best.
The stateroom was tiny... the picture on the Royal Caribbean website made our room look a lot bigger than it was. We were a bit disappointed with this.
The staff were all pleasant and helpful.
Great entertainment - first rate.
Nice, clean, ship was easy to get around in if you looked at the deck plan on each level.
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Our recommendation is to wait to get into port and buy your 'sightseeing' tour straight from the dock. It will cost less and you can custom make your day dealing straight with the locals.
Don't Miss: Hole in the wall, going on a glass bottom boat with a local guide.
Mazatlan, Mexico
Again, we dealt locally and did not pay the expensive cruise ship prices for the sightseeing tours we did, which were just the same. Beware that the places the cruise recommends and/or where the Mexicans take Americans, that there is no 'good' deals to be made except with the street vendors. The stores are over rated and expensive - more so than at home; and we live in an expensive area at home!!!
Don't Miss: Old town, take a mexican city tour in an open cab for $25 for an hour for all riders
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
We rented a car because I've been in this port before and I wanted to show my family some of the sights. BEWARE of the Mexican police. They pulled a lot of motorized tourists over, then take your license and tell you to come down to city hall to reclaim your license the next day. It's a scam. All they want is American green backs. The police told me I was speeding (never had a ticket in my life!); took my license and told me I could get it back the next day for 500 pesos ($50 equivalent). I pulled out a $20 bill and bribed my license back and was gone in 5 minutes, while the other tourists were still haggling. I know this happened to other tourists in other ports on our cruise as well. Mexican police are corrupt -so just be prepared to pay them off if you get caught by one. Mexico is a joke in this manner. Also, I did not find it to be such a good shopping deal as before on other visits. Items are high priced -no good deals are to be had in the areas the cruise ship recommends.
Don't Miss: Go south on the coast line at least down to El Eden into the jungle.