A Great Cruise

Sail date: October 03, 2021

Ship: Ventura

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

Due to Covid this cruise was very different. There were things I could not understand such as, not being allowed to serve yourself in the buffet with most of the food except salad. That you could take at will. Wearing of masks was very tiring. People found it very hard to breath. It was also hard when they took the lifts out of action and people had to walk up the stairs. This was not great.

Embarkation

After an easy Covid test we arrived at the terminal for departure. It was packed with people. No social distancing in place. On check in we were asked about our passenger location form. I had partially completed it with a view I would continue with it and submit it prior to the 48hrs before we arrived back in UK. Unfortunately the staff seemed to think this had to be done prior to departure. The queue for seating in the terminal was very long. My husband is disabled so the staff kindly found a seat for him.

Ship experiences

The food and drink in the different venues was ok but nothing really special unless you paid extra for a specialist restaurant. The main dining room staff were excellent. Always found a table to accommodate the seven in our party.

Very basic. Been on better ships

The entertainment teams were fantastic. The headliners were brilliant

I could not fault our cabin. It was magnificent. D219 was our cabin number. It was so well looked after by our cabin steward Sunil

Ship tip

At the moment the only dancing we had on board were lessons in line dancing and ballroom. Neither my taste. There are no photographers either because of Covid

Ports of call

Lisbon, Portugal

My second favourite city. We did an open top bus tour which took us to the old part of the town. Great tour which cost 44e for three of us. The commentary was very informative

Tenerife, Canary Islands

Love this island. It is always full of fun.

Funchal, Madeira

Beautiful place. There was a flower festival going on which was amazing. Been here before as well so did not go in any trips

Vigo, Spain

Did not get of here this time as been here loads of times