Veendam Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

First time to Alaska

Sail Date: June 06, 2008

The negatives on this cruise are few and far between. One really needs to nit-pick to find anything to criticize. It's true that the published times don't match with the times that the ship actually leaves (Ship leaves 30 minutes earlier than I expected), but the difference is rather minor.
The only other criticism I can think of is that the desserts offered were not very good.
With these as the only negatives, I'd have to say that the cruise is very near to perfect.

Pros: Excellent Food and Service; Friendly Staff

Cons: Ship leaves 30 minutes earlier than advertised

Recommends Veendam? Yes!

Ketchikan, Alaska
Beautiful sights.
Juneau, Alaska
We hiked to Mendenhall Glacier and Hiked on the Ice. Very beautiful to see up close and observe the glacier structures.
Sitka, Alaska
The Raptor Center was interesting, but not as elaborate as I was expecting. Watching the birds from the shore is more exciting in my opinion.
Skagway, Alaska
It rained while we were there so judging this port is not fair.