First time to Alaska

Veendam Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

7 Night Glacier Discovery Southbound (Seward To Vancouver)
Sail Date: June 06, 2008
Ship: Veendam
The negatives on this cruise are few and far between. One really needs to nit-pick to find anything to criticize. It's true that the published times don't match with the times that the ship actually leaves (Ship leaves 30 minutes earlier than I expected), but the difference is rather minor.
The only other criticism I can think of is that the desserts offered were not very good.
With these as the only negatives, I'd have to say that the cruise is very near to perfect.
The Raptor Center was interesting, but not as elaborate as I was expecting. Watching the birds from the shore is more exciting in my opinion.
Beautiful sights.
We hiked to Mendenhall Glacier and Hiked on the Ice. Very beautiful to see up close and observe the glacier structures.
It rained while we were there so judging this port is not fair.

Pros: Excellent Food and Service; Friendly Staff

Cons: Ship leaves 30 minutes earlier than advertised

Recommends Veendam? Yes!