Veendam Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Let's do it again!

Sail Date: October 28, 2006

The overall 'feel' on the Veendam was relaxed, spacious, and easy. We were initially concerned about the smaller ship size (1258) but nothing was crowded, there were abundant activities, you never fought for a deck chair, and the public areas were very well appointed. We were particularly impressed with the Explorations Cafe - extensive library, music listening area, internet access, game tables, DVD checkout, and coffee bar. The recent upgrade of the ship made this area one of our favorites.

Pros: Crew. Food. Fellow passangers. Ports.

Cons: Smokers. Embarkation.

Recommends Veendam? Yes!

Belize City, Belize
Belize is a little scary! I don't think I would have ventured off ship (other than the shopping area adjacent to the ship) if we hadn't scheduled a tour. We did the Canopy Tour and it was the most adventurous thing I had ever done. It was fantastic and I would recommend it wholeheartedly. I would have stayed and done it again and again if they had let me.
Don't Miss: Canopy Tour
Santo Tomas De Castilla, Guatemala
We did an independent boat tour up the Rio Dulce. Beautiful, primitive, pristine!
Belize City, Belize
Don't Miss: Canopy Tour
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
The weather did not cooperate on our Costa Maya day. We didn't have a tour scheduled--though even if we did most were cancelled due to rain storms. We had planned a beach day, but ended up shopping and having lunch in the "village" at the port.
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
Key West, Florida
Had a great day people watching in Key West. It was the last day of Fantasy Fest so there was alot to be seen. Took the train tour of the island--fun and informative.
Key West, Florida