Star Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Bait and Switch

Sail Date: June 21, 2009

Ship layout was poor and it felt over crowded.
There was a promotion going on where the website was offering a "bonus". The "bonus" was suppose to be a 325.00 onboard credit if you phoned in your reservations. I did as instructed and made my arrangements via phone. When I made them I asked if I would receive the 325 bonus and was told yes. It would be in the state room upon my arrival to the ship.
Needless to say the "bonus" was not there so I called to see what was going on. I was told that they had to check to find out if I received the on bonus. Two days later I was notified that there was no bounus. This was obviously a "BAIT and SWITCH". I would have booked this through another cruise line had I known. There was nothing I could do. I am on board ship and they tell you that the promotion did not exist. It is very troubling.
The ships "Naturalist" did not know her facts. Example she continued to say Mount Rainier was 13,000 feet. Incorrect it is over 14,000 feet. She tried to point out Mount Rainier from the ship, where Mount Baker would be. There are many more examples. I spoke to one couple who told me that she did not have her facts right on the Alaska portion as well. They should give this poor lady a script so she can get her facts correct.

Pros: The scenery

Cons: The overall service and layout of the ship

Recommends Star Princess? No.

Nothing special
Most were friendly
Nothing great here. We tried all of their restaurants and buffet. They were average. Nothing special
The ship was clean but the layout was poor. It seemed that all spaces were very busy and the ship was full.
Skagway, Alaska
Railway to white pass is over rated
Ketchikan, Alaska
Downtown and red light district were interesting
Victoria, British Columbia