Amazing rooms and staff! Some ports of call quite questionable

Star Breeze Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

7 Night Glitter & Glam Of The Rivieras (Rome To Barcelona)
Sail Date: November 07, 2015
Ship: Star Breeze
Cabin Type: Suite

First off let me say that the Star Breeze cruise ship and staff are beyond words. The suites were large, extremely comfortable and well designed. The staff always had a smile on their face and you never waited or wanted for anything. When it would get chilly out on deck, there were staff handing off blankets, before you even thought of asking for one. Some of the ports of call were questionable. Why go to Portoferrairo when everything is closed on a Sunday? Why dock at on the side with all of the machines, oil rigs?, train parts, etc. on La Spezia when there is a gorgeous dock we could have been at? Everyone on the boat was not happy about this. It looked like we docked at a wasteland....literally. That all being said, everything was executed flawlessly. Before cruising on Windstar I cruised on Disney, Princess and Carnival. I hated each of them. I finally found my cruiseline in Windstar! Everything is top notch (food is to die for) and no lines ever. Heck we never even waited for the elevator when we opted to take it. The spa was incredible and they never tried to upsell....that in itself is rare, but I appreciate that. The private event in Monte Carlo could (and should) have been much better, but I had high hopes for that and was let down. I am already looking to book another Windstar cruise and have my eye on the one Caribbean ones the Star Breeze goes to as well as Tahiti (sad only the sailboats go there). Windstar just made a lifetime fan out of me, I wholeheartedly recommend and will cruise with them until I die.

Loved it! Very centrally located (always exited and entered all ports from this level), extremely quiet and never felt the boat move or rock. Also was able to watch the Pilot boat bring our ship in every morning from our window.

Watch for sales! If the price goes down, call your agent (I used Kristi Putnam and loved her), and they will adjust the price or you can opt to use the price difference to upgrade your cabin type.

Everything is closed on a Sunday. Literally the town is shut down.
Hopefully they don't dock in the industrial area. It absolutely took away from the port of call here
Marseille is extremely dirty and looks like a ghetto. Go to Provence instead (Aix de Provence) for a gorgeous, clean place to visit