Splendour of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Eastern Mediterranean

European Cruise

Sail Date: July 04, 2015

Loved the ports of call!  Never a cloud in the sky.  The Splendour of the Seas was an older ship.  Apparently they added more staterooms which made my time dining nearly impossible.  We had to make reservations, the first available was 9:30 pm, which in my opinion is not my time dining.  We opted for the buffet but I felt cheated.  We did manage 3 nights in the dining room with reservations made way ahead of time.  Also breakfast, we were asked to leave our tables as soon as we were finished eating due to lack of space.  On the last sea day the waiter asked my kids (kids, 25 and 21) to leave a handicapped table.  Five vacant handicapped tables.  No other seats available.  They ate by the pool.  By the time my husband and I got to looking for a table all five handicap tables were occupied by unhandicapped people.  One table for two that hubby and I sat at.  Really?   We had met the waiter and chatted with him everyday at that table.  Never mentioned we shouldn't be sitting there.

Overall we enjoyed our cruise, but the eating situation was definitely and issue!

Sea day it started out raining. They added activities for us!
Not enough dining space
No drawers to put our clothes. Safe in a very awkward place.

1 Comment