Splendour of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Eastern Mediterranean

Third Mate

Great places in a nice ship.

Sail Date: September 27, 2014

Even though this is an old ship, it is very well maintained. You would never know but I read about the ship before I chose it. I was pleased with their large inside staterooms, and the whole ship. The places we went to were amazing and the embarkation and disembarkation were great. I thought the food was o.k. The staff is great. The Customer Service, Excursion Desk were very friendly. Regarding the places we visited: Venice, Italy; Dubrovnik, Croatia; Ephesus, Turkey; Olympia, Greece, Santorini, Greece. I feel that Santorini is not the type of island that can handle these types of cruises. It was too crowded with two different cruise ships in the island at the same time. The cruise should be able to find a way to stay overnight or leave later in order to allow the passengers enjoy the island without the  stress of lines to get in and out to the ship. All of us(6 people) had a great experience on this cruise.

As I said before, I was very pleased with the well maintained ship.
The food was o.k.
Service and Staff Very friendly staff.
Entertainment I went to one show and it was fine. The 70's party was great and the music in the evening was wonderful
It was wonderful. Raj kept our stateroom very clean and he is very professional and friendly.
Venice, Italy
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Fairy tale
Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey We used CruiseOnly.com for the excursion and we had John an amazing and knowledgeable person.
Santorini, Greece
Spectacular view but the cruise and the island are not prepared for these number of passengers.
Katakolon (Olympia), Greece
We used the cruise to take us to Olympia and it worked out very well.

The cruise should consider a different option to handle Santorini, Greece. It is too short and it causes too much stress to the passengers.