Review of Royal Caribbean Eastern Mediterranean Cruise

Splendour of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Eastern Mediterranean

7 Night Greek Isles & Turkey (Venice Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 21, 2014
Ship: Splendour of the Seas

I had a great time on the cruise.  Unfortunately, I had a bout of gastrointestinal problems midway through the cruise, and it caused me to miss an excursion I paid for and several meals.  Despite this issue, I still had a great time visiting places I have never been.  I flet that I had enough time in the ports of call to explore the areas nearby.  The crew was excellent: friendly, helpful, and dedicated to making my experience an enjoyable one.

Dinner in the "King and I" dining room was excellent. Our dinner wait staff, Herberth and Lopez, made our trip especially memorable. They treated my grandchildren extra specially, making chocolate milk for them and getting them special desserts. Food in the Windjammer Cafe was also very good, although I suspect it may have been something I ate at lunch one day in the Cafe that caused me gastrointestinal distress.

I did not really participate in any of the onboard activities.

I did not participate in any of the planned entertainment events.

Not used.

Our cabin attendant, Esther, was outstanding!! She always had special treats for the grandchildren.

Great!! I enjoyed the pool, putt-putt golf, and the upper deck running track.

Having a window cabin made my cruise experience much more enjoyable than last cruise, when I had an interior room. The two grandkids and I who shared the cabin had plenty of room to store clothes and move around.

Wash your hands!!

Just walking through the city was a wonderful experience. The cruise ship itself went right past many beautiful city sights.
Cable car ride to mountain top is worth the trip. Dubrovnik is a beautiful walled city: a real gem.
Not much at Kusadasi itself, but I had a wonderful time exploring the ruins of Ephesus on my own.
Beautiful.
Not much to do at Katakolon. If I had been feeling better, I would like to have seen Mt. Olympus.