Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Purser

Our cruise to Canada

Sail Date: September 25, 2016

My wife and I have been on this ship before to the same destinations.  This most recent cruise was no exception.  We enjoyed the cruise very much.  In no particular order, I've listed those things that I see room for improvement:

* our daily scheduled My Time dining was inconsistent.  Our requested table for two often had us assigned to a table near the kitchen.  The noise and traffic of wait staff was crazy loud and constant.

* the aerial show productions in the Centrum were impressive.  However, the area regardless of floor where viewed, were often packed with people with poor views and very little available seating.

* the movies offered in the Cinema were not appropriate for the average age of the passengers onboard.  The majority of us were between 60 and older.  Angry Birds and The Avengers were intended for a younger audience in my opinion.

* the Art Auction solicitations were constant and annoying.

* and the ship photographers were relentless as usual.  The areas set up for picture taking were often in areas where those passengers simply passing thru had to stop and wait for the photographer to finish or pause between snaps.  Some locations posed a safety hazzard by obstructing the flow of people passing by.

Although my wife and I are of average height, weight, and build, The shower stall was tight.

If you like to have wine with your formal meals, take advantage of the ability to each take a bottle onboard. The dining room staff will tag and store any unfinished bottles each evening. Otherwise, expect to pay $11 on average per glass plus gratuity.