Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Northern Europe

The good, the bad and the ugly

Sail Date: August 15, 2015

Starting with the bad which was not much:  $30 per day for Wifi?  Elevators that would pass by empty going the direction you wanted to go!  Awfully loud if you were trying to watch things going on in the atrium from above.

Ugly was smoking in the casino and the pool deck.

Good was the way everyone on the staff was friendly, helpful, and kind.  Excellent training by the company.  Food in specialty restaurants was excellent.  Food at the Windjammer buffet was good.  We are not real fussy but it appeared to me that there were enough different styles from different cultures that even the most discriminatory palates should be relatively happy.

The ship itself was nice but everything looked a little worn.  Last cruise - and my only other cruise on Royal Caribbean - either the ship was newer or better maintained than this one or I am noticing more things about cruise ships.  Not bad enough to complain about but a noticeable difference in quality.  The destination is always the important part, the other stuff is not really important if everything goes well.  And it did on this trip.   I would recommend it to anyone.  Full of surprises.  Fun surprises.  Learned a lot.  Had a lot of fun.

Great guy servicing our cabin. Mirrors had spots on them. Bed covers seemed worn and frayed.

THE BIG BAD THING: One day my sheets had blood stains on them. I was very unhappy about that. Did not report it as we left it out and very obvious to the cabin boy so it was replaced on next day.