Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: March 28, 2015

This was my first cruise and was extremely disappointed.  After all I read about Royal, I expected better quality food.  The food was a big disappointment.  It took 12 minutes or longer for us to get a drink at any bar we went to on the cruise ship. I think this is way too long to have to wait for a drink when you are on vacation. The stateroom service and dining room service was great.  I had to fight with Royal for them to honor a massage.  provided a voucher that Royal didn't want to stand by.  After being very stern with 4 different people, I was finally able to use this voucher.  The massage was fabulous but it was a shame I had to spend so much time and energy on my vacation debating with the cruise ship to honor the voucher.  I wouldn't recommend Royal to others.  My husband and I are planning another cruise to Alaska next June and we will be going with another cruise line after our experience with Royal.

The pools aren't big enough for the amount of passengers this ship holds.
The quality was very poor, but the dining room service was great. I refused to eat in the Windjammer due to the service and quality of food. The quality of food in the Windjammer was even worse than the quality of food in the dining room.
Children's Programs NA
They need a better system when getting off on the excursions. The lines are too long and wastes our time with trying to see as much as possible when we are at each port.
No complaints about our stateroom.
New Orleans, Louisiana
We arrived three days prior to sailing and enjoyed touring New Orleans.
Falmouth, Jamaica
We enjoyed our excursions to Dunn River Falls and the caves.
George Town, Grand Cayman
Swiming with the sting rays was the best experience of this entire trip! The tour guides were excellent!
The dolphin excursion wasn't what we expected so we were a bit disappointed. Plus, we stood in line for over an hour before we even got to get in the water with the dolphin.

1 Comment