Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

The Romance Package

Sail Date: December 06, 2014

Beware of the purchase of the little extras they sell, ie the Romance Package of Champagne, cupcakes, and breakfast in bed.  Ordered it in advance for a surprise for my wife.  It was to be in the room when we first arrived onboard the ship.  Well, it was there, but was sitting in a bucket of warm water.  Nothing like warm champagne.  Anyhow, we weren't going to drink it right away anyhow.  So I asked the housekeeper, to get some ice, and we would be back later to start our festive cruise with a bottle of the bubbly.  Got back to the room approx. 8PM, and the bottle was still sitting in the bucket of warm water.

Cupcakes were there!  Call the front desk, and had them remove the bottle, and the cupcakes.  Never did see the menu for the "Breakfast in Bed" part of the deal until like Friday (6th day of the cruise)  It mysteriously appeared on our desk.  Royal was good about refunding the money but that's not what I was after.  Royal should have a person that follows up on all there little extras that they sell.  Especially if someone complains they should follow up on this.  It made for a very poor start to the cruise.  Royal did compensate us with extra fine dining, and complimentary champagne, but that's not my point.  I lost the first 2 days of the cruise dealing with this unnecessary ordeal.  But, be Leary of those packages.  Thanks for listening!

Ship Quality Great
Food and Dining Great
Never had ice in the room.

Don't buy the Romance packages they sell!