Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Where I wanted to go

Sail Date: December 06, 2014

I took this cruise because it went where I wanted to go.  It did that so I had a good experience.  There were several things that could use improvement.  The food quality did not seem up to par, and it wasn't just me who had this opinion.  I heard numerous complaints from others on the cruise.  In addition, it was not an enjoyable experience to stand in line past my scheduled dining time before the doors to the dining room were opened.  On another dining room, the buffet did not open for breakfast until 7, so there were a lot of people waiting in line there, too.  Although they decorated the centrum for the holidays, it still was not all that impressive.  I enjoyed the live musical groups that I saw and appreciated the tropical duo that played "island" tunes out by the pool.  The pool bar staff left something to be desired.  I would tend to purchase the drink of the day and I was overcharged a time or two when they rang it in wrong.  I just don't like to bother with negative experiences like that while on vacation, so I wouldn't take the cruise again.  I'd try another way to go where I wanted to go.

Cruise Photos

The ship was ok, but I guess I'm comparing it to newer, bigger ships. Nothing terribly wrong with it, but it just wasn't all that impressive.
Food was not good quality. Always had to wait in line for dining, which was uncalled for since the cruise line told me when to eat.
My room attendant Doris was nice and got me anything I asked for. Pool bar staff overcharged me for drinks of the day.
Enjoyed the comedy shows and the one show I saw about music thru the years. I just felt that entertainment options were lacking because I couldn't find enough things to keep my interest.
I did a few onboard activities, but wish there had been a better selection so I would have done more.
All of my excursions were excellent! I really enjoyed all of the activities.
I am single so I booked a stateroom for myself and it was exactly what I expected.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Cruise departed on the same day as Xmas parade. RCCL directions to get to cruise terminal were wrong. Thought I might miss the cruise.
Falmouth, Jamaica
Jamaica felt threatening so I went to a resort for a day. Excellent alternative!
George Town, Grand Cayman
Enjoyed the Turtle Farm and went to Hell and back. Great day!
Took a catamaran out into the sea. Didn't go out very far, but it was awesome!

This cruise was all about the destinations and excursions for me. Pick some good excursions and it can make the trip.