Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

Sail Date: March 15, 2014

I have been ab avid cruiser on Carnival and people that were also cruisers told me i had to try Royal Carribean. So we did and the food was horrible. I got food poisioning first day. Stuck in my cabin for two days on the rockiest boat i have ever been on. That definately did not help my sickness. I was planning on having a good time and drinking and relaxing so i ordered the premium beverage package which i had to cancel on the third day. So they charged me for two days. At least they did that for me. On the fourth day my boyfriend had food poisioning and we had an excursion that day in Cayman Islands for the dolphin encounter and stingray swim. I went to the man at the excerscion counter to explain how my boyfrien was very ill, everyone knows what you do when u get poisioned, if we could please plan another type of excersion for next day in Mexico. He said he could refund only his because medical, mine was a no. I thought that to be totally unacceptable, this was OUR vacation. Not just my vacation. So my boyfrien not wanting to waste $89 said he was going to tuff it through. He was miserable, the whole time we were supposed to be with the dolphin he was in the bathroom puking. The boat ride to the stingrays he was turning green. I just feel like Royal could care less about our experience with them. Also the entertainment was mediocre. Bands were just ok. Cruise director was alright. I am now burned from cruising which is something i do every year for my birthday.

Food poisioning, bland