Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Interesting and varied experience

Sail Date: December 27, 2008

We arrived a day late, due to a flight cancellation. Once on the ship, No one met us to explain any proceedings(we were both new to cruising) or even to offer a welcome and hope you enjoy your stay and sorry you are joining us late message. The person who did finally come, seemed more interested in dealing with a sixteen year old who didn't have proper documentation than with us.
There never seemed to be enough deck chairs or clean pool towels avail. And we always used our towels for 2 or 3 days.

I was most impressed with our dinner wait staff who were always cheerful, courteous and polite. Our stateroom keeper was phenomenal!

Pros: Dinner wait staff and chef, housekeeping staff and the spa area

Cons: Poor reception upon our late arrival, no ireminder of closings in port on bank holidays

Recommends Serenade of the Seas? Yes!

for the basic people..other than those I already gave higher marks to.
For a small room, it was quite well equiped.
The rock climbing wall and gym areas were excellent. I enjoyed the programs offered. The staff seemed very knowledgable.
St. John's, Antigua
One of my favorite islands! Driving on the island allowed a variety of sites. Friendly people!
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Boogie boarding on Orient beach, awesome!
Don't Miss: Shopping, and I am not a 'shopper'
Bridgetown, Barbados
Had a special tour via taxi driver, took us all around the island, even to the northern most point for a spectacular view. Very friendly guy. Not pushy and very smart on island history and current events.
Don't Miss: The view from the northern most point, incredible!
Castries, St. Lucia
Took a cruise line tour visited the botanical garden, sulpher springs, waterfall and saw the Pitons...I would recommend it
Don't Miss: A dip in the sulpher spring...skin felt amazing after that!