Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

The Vacation of a Lifetime

Sail Date: June 04, 2006

The ship was incredible. The onboard activities were varied and non-stop. The crew and service were personable and excellent. The food was wonderful. Cruising was completely bump free. You hardly need a stateroom because we were never in it. Also, the staterooms were very attractive and roomy. The ship was teenager friendly--both of my 16-year-olds had a wonderful time. I will definitely try to sail again on Serenade of the Seas.

Pros: The ship-Serenade of the Seas, and the destination--Alaska

Cons: Coming home

The ship was huge. The layout was easy to navigate. You never saw an unkept area. The decor was awesoom.
The Windjammer cafe was wonderful. Main dining was--delicious. Our wine package--five bottles of wine for under $125 was perfect for accenting main dining. The ambiance was inviting, comfortable, and elegant.
Our every want and desire were taken care of. Service was instant and--well, perfect. The staterooms were new, elegant, and beautiful. We had connected staterooms which were perfect for a family of 4. I would recommend a balcony for glacier viewing on the Alaska cruise.
The staff made us feel at home and welcome in all aspects of our cruise. My teenagers fell in love with the main dining waiter, Singh. Our stateroom attendant also catered to my teenagers. The ship staff could not have been better.
The entertainment allowed us to sleep-in in the mornings--nice quiet ship-- (however there were morning activities too), if we wanted to. However, when we left our stateroom we often didn't return until the wee morning hours. The activities were non-stop. The cruise director was great. My brother in law was picked for participation in the magic show. I was picked to participate in a game show. both my teenagers sang Kareokee (sp). The entertainment was wonderful.
My only disappointment was with the low number of teenagers on board for this cruise. However, the programs that catered to teenagers were very good.
Ketchikan, Alaska
The eagle watching on the city bus tour was exciting. This excursion was my teenager's favorite.
Skagway, Alaska
The Jeep excursion was the best excursion of the cruise. I recommend it for the information learned, for the views of the mountains and interior Alaska and Canada and for the GREAT RIDE.
Juneau, Alaska