Seabourn Sojourn Cruise Review to Other (Asia/Africa/Middle East)

Magical holidays

Sail Date: December 20, 2015

Room Type: Suite

Cabin: 527

We enjoy cruising with Seabourn primarily because of the staff & the fascinating people we meet on board.  This cruise was no exception.  It was extra special seeing how SE Asia embraces the joy & wonder of Christmas.  The decorations were astounding.  At no time in our tours were we overwhelmed with poverty & dirty conditions.  We love Hong Kong & Viet Nam was a pleasant surprise.

We enjoyed the day trip arranged to an island complete with picnic & caviar in the surf.  The crew really knocked themselves out to make the day extra special.

We especially enjoyed Loren Schoenberg's lectures on jazz. They were so informative & you could tell he loved his topic.
We were disappointed to see so many children on this cruise. We have appreciated the fact there were no children in the past.
We don't travel for the entertainment so I don't think I'm a good judge. Although we did enjoy the local groups who entertained from each country.
We really love the staff & enjoy the interaction with staff from all over the world.
I was pleased to see the portions were smaller but still generous. The quality of the food was excellent
I was surprised that it wasn't as impressive to me as Hong Kong. And it wasn't as "sterile" as I had been warned
Laem Chabang (Bangkok), Thailand
The traffic was unbelievable so it was hard to get around. We also found the people were not as gracious as they had been when we were there 7-8 years ago
Ko Kut (Ko Kood), Thailand
What a great treat!! Although it was hot & we don't swim or sunbathe, we really enjoyed this treat.
Sihanoukville, Cambodia
Hue (Da Nang), Vietnam
Ha Long Bay City (Hanoi), Vietnam
The cruise around the bay was like being in a Chinese scroll painting. Everywhere you looked nature gave you a beautiful sight.
Hong Kong
I loved Hong Kong. I was surprised how easy it was to get around. We took the train from the airport & to get to different sites. Everyone was very helpful if we weren't sure what we were doing. The food was outstanding of course. We took the ferry to Kowloon & found that was easy too. We really loved Heritage 1881. We can't wait to go back to HK

The breadsticks & the french fries are addictive & a killer to anyone's diet.

Seaboard really promotes interaction with other passengers, staff & officers. We always enjoy that. We took advantage of each hosted dinner table & met fantastic entertainers, staff & guests.