Sea Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Great cruise, but prepare for extra fees

Sail Date: August 10, 2010

The ship was great. I liked that there were multiple dining options so that we did not have to do traditional dining because that took forever and you had to sit with people you don't know. I was not prepared for all of the extra costs but this was my first cruise so I will be more prepared in the future. It seemed like Princess was trying to make every penny they could possibly make even on things that probably should be included (like drinks).

Pros: AMAZING scenery, great excursions, relaxed nature of boat, friendliness of staff

Cons: Extra fees for sodas, coffee, workout classes, craft classes, internet and very costly excursions

Recommends Sea Princess? Yes!

Overall great quality food that allowed me even to make healthy choices however more restaurant options would be great because the buffet got old and traditional dining took too long.
Superb!
More activities during the day for individuals under 65 would have been great. Also, provide some craft classes that do not have a fee.
Overall great quality but an even bigger ship would have allowed for more activity options.
The room was good but small and a little cave-like. If it was more affordable I would recommend a balcony.
Victoria, British Columbia
The bus tour of town and the castle was great. We enjoyed just walking through the town and wished we had more time to do so.
Juneau, Alaska
We enjoyed seeing the Mendenhall Glacier and I highly recommend this.
Skagway, Alaska
The WhitePass Railway was VERY MUCH worth the money. Also, go to the visitor's office and sign up for the walking tour of town. It was very interesting and nice to see things in person as opposed to sitting in a lesson.
Ketchikan, Alaska
We did not do an excursion at this place. Instead we just walked around town, shopped and used the internet. Shopping is GREAT here. Don't buy things in other ports unless they are specific to the town because Alaska-related gift shops are plentiful and very cheap here. The internet cafe is also great here - only $6 for an hour.
Don't Miss: Get a walking map of the town so you can see the totem poles but most importantly the massive amounts of salmon in the creek!