Ruby Princess Cruise Review to Coastal - West Coast

Excellent Cruise!

Sail Date: March 28, 2015

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Ports of call were great - how could they NOT be!  San Francisco, Santa Barbara, San Diego and Ensenada.  Very friendly people and terrific service. I am a Royal Caribbean loyalist so going on a Princess ship was new for me.  I did not have the best of expectations, but then again, this cruise was pretty cheap, so I had little to loose.  The food was outstanding... much better than my recent experience on the Quantum of the Seas with Royal Caribbean.  The ship is magnificent (and I haven't sailed on a ship under 6400 or 4400 passengers lately, so I thought at first that this 3100 passenger ship was "tiny" :) )  We had HUGE 20' swells outside of San Francisco that looked very scary and a lot of us were looking outside completely shocked that the ship wasn't even tilting at all... completely stable.  That was quite remarkable.  This cruise is the perfect model of a fantastic cruise experience!

Clean, very stable in rough seas
Fantastic variety. Everything tastes fresh, home made - not mass produced.
Head Waiter in Botticelli Restaurant, I forget his name. Taller, lighter skin, balding and perhaps a Brittish accent? He's outstanding. Remembered my son and my name from the first time we stepped into the room. We had a problem with our reservation and he went far out of his way to fix this and make us feel very special.
Lots of comedians with fart and butt jokes. My 9 year old absolutely LOVED it.
Unfortunately it was too cold and windy to do the outdoor activities...
Ensenada is, well, Ensenada. I would have preferred Catalina!

1 Comment